• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Burke High recruits (Hickman Setting Up OVs) Update: Visiting for the Colorado game

From the article above...
However, as is the case with a transition class, the Huskers were forced to concentrate on the short term and finish recruiting the 2018 class before diverting their efforts to the future. Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota and Wisconsin dropped by most during the open evaluation period in January, Limongi said. Penn State, Kansas State and Notre Dame also visited.

“[Nebraska is] a little bit behind in terms of relationships and getting to know the families and stuff like that,” Limongi said. “But I think when it opens up again and they can start calling kids again and come up and visit, they’ll be able to catch up fairly easily if they decide to do that.

“It’s uncontrollable that they got in the game so late,” he added. “The boys know that and that’s understood. I think, so, far they’ve done a good job of building the relationship.”

But before Nebraska fans become worried, Nebraska has made it clear to both they are priorities. The talk Frost gave Henrich and Hickman about turning Nebraska around on the foundation of in-state talent resonated with them.

“It got everybody in the building pretty much excited,” Limongi said.

Henrich is coming off visits to Iowa and Iowa State. He’ll head to Notre Dame next before Nebraska. Hickman visited the Huskers during a spring practice last week. At this point in their recruitments, Limongi was adamant no school holds an advantage, which is a good sign for Nebraska.

“With both of them, the thing is that there is no lead school right now,” Limongi said. “People have been saying ‘this school’ or ‘that school’. There isn’t, with either of them. They’re all equal right now. They’re not going to put them into a priority-type list until they’re done visiting, probably in the beginning of summer, so there’s no one school that has an advantage for them right now.”

Last edited:

I like where it was stated by the coach that NO school had an upper hand at this point. Our close proximity should help us as we move forward.

I believe the TE is or was on an unofficial with Fant last/this weekend.

Reading between the lines of what Benning said this morning.

I believe the TE is or was on an unofficial with Fant last/this weekend.

Reading between the lines of what Benning said this morning.
vok9kM.gif

I hate Notre Dame.
Because of this development? or because you are a disciple of Lucifer? or both?

I developed a stronger disdain for ND after I think or thought I saw one of their cheer leading crew spit on Crouch after he made it into the End Zone for the winning TD in OT.

For as much emphasis as this staff is putting on in-state recruiting, losing out on Henrich would be tough. I have a bad feeling that we could end up 0-3 on Duggan, Henrich, and Hickman.

I'm not trying to criticize or bash Frost and staff in any way. It's just disappointing that the very best local players don't seem that interested in getting on board at this point in time.

Because of this development? or because you are a disciple of Lucifer? or both?

I developed a stronger disdain for ND after I think or thought I saw one of their cheer leading crew spit on Crouch after he made it into the End Zone for the winning TD in OT.

Just in general. I grew up watching their replays on Sunday mornings and always loved them, then I read the book 'Under The Tarnished Dome' and changed my mind. The superintendent of our schools is Jess Shephards dad, so I told him at our last school board meeting that I was cheering for Jess but hoping that ND would lose, thank God that Minnesota Duluth beat ND in the championship Hockey game or might have lost it.

When we win some games in the Fall, then things will pick up. But until we do, many of the highly recruited local kids will think of the Huskers as just another school

For as much emphasis as this staff is putting on in-state recruiting, losing out on Henrich would be tough. I have a bad feeling that we could end up 0-3 on Duggan, Henrich, and Hickman.

I'm not trying to criticize or bash Frost and staff in any way. It's just disappointing that the very best local players don't seem that interested in getting on board at this point in time.

When the best local kids aren't all "local", we can't apply the same in state recruiting expectations that we can to 3rd generation Nebraskans who grew up in Husker families. I'm not ready to predict an 0-fer here, because how the season plays out could work to our benefit, but when you're dealing with kids who don't bleed husker red and haven't seen much in the way of winning during their lifetime, all bets are off. I know a kid who could end up being a D1 prospect from NE. His first choice-KSU. Second-anyone other than Nebraska. As long as the staff is doing their part, as I believe they are at Burke, it is what it is.

When we win some games in the Fall, then things will pick up. But until we do, many of the highly recruited local kids will think of the Huskers as just another school

Maybe I am just rationalizing 'why' these kids don't just jump on board, but, for an example the burke kids aren't really local. Yes they live here but there connections are elsewhere. Just because a kid lives here doesn't mean he is local. You have to work just as hard on these kids, maybe treat them like out of state players. Losing kids whose parents have ties to other schools is different than losing someone who grew up here, parents maybe went to school in Nebraska, kids went to husker games, that, to me hurts a bit more. Again probably just making excuses if they don't come here, I do agree though if Nebraska wins more it might be a moot point.

Good points. Part of the problem may be that today's high schoolers are a lost generation of sorts, in the sense that they have never experienced NU football as most of us remember it. A lot of HS seniors were born in 2001, about when Black Friday and the Rose Bowl disaster went down. And it's generally been downhill from there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back