• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 NIT...

Nobody said that was going to happen. I was making a point that if that happened, nobody would care about the Creighton game thus making it not nearly as important as you think it is.

You better go hit the books.:Lol:

Yep, the 2nd best team in Nebraska making the Sweet 16. There is no bigger Tim Miles supporter than Greg McDermott because he knows a loser is a loser and that loser is an automatic win for the Blue Jays.

Yep, the 2nd best team in Nebraska making the Sweet 16. There is no bigger Tim Miles supporter than Greg McDermott because he knows a loser is a loser and that loser is an automatic win for the Blue Jays.
Probably right but Nebraska has always been a loser in basketball. It didn't start when Miles got here.

And while Creighton has been a nice story now and then, they really never are a threat to do much nationally.

Last edited:
Well, it's over! You know, the way we lost is not excusable. Hardly competitive, most of the game!

Interesting take with the word competitive. We were within 3 points for the vast majority of the game, and led with 6 minutes to go. Neither team played that well, but the actual score of the game indicated it was competitive and a very close game throughout. 16 teams went on the road and 16 lost.

Probably right but Nebraska has always been a loser in basketball. It didn't start when Miles got here.

And while Creighton has been a nice story now and then, they really never are a threat to do much nationally.

True -- in that Creighton hasn't been a threat to win a national title. But I don't know that I'd consider that a reasonable expectation either.

McDermott is 187-93 at Creighton. Only one of his 8 seasons has Creighton failed to win at least 20. With five NCAA Tournament appearances. I'd guess not many head coaches can make a similar claim. They are fairly consistently good to very good. Just not great. I'd take those results at Nebraska in a heartbeat... better than anything ever experienced in Lincoln.

True -- in that Creighton hasn't been a threat to win a national title. But I don't know that I'd consider that a reasonable expectation either.

McDermott is 187-93 at Creighton. Only one of his 8 seasons has Creighton failed to win at least 20. With five NCAA Tournament appearances. I'd guess not many head coaches can make a similar claim. They are fairly consistently good to very good. Just not great. I'd take those results at Nebraska in a heartbeat... better than anything ever experienced in Lincoln.
Completely agree.

Interesting take with the word competitive. We were within 3 points for the vast majority of the game, and led with 6 minutes to go. Neither team played that well, but the actual score of the game indicated it was competitive and a very close game throughout. 16 teams went on the road and 16 lost.
The game was very competitive and its what angers me the most about it. Nebraska played pretty poorly and it was tight throughout. The Huskers should have won rather easily.

They probably would have, IF the game were @ PBA!

One thing IS for sure, they would have sold a LOT more tickets at PBA. (attendence @ Starkville, 3,485 :eek:)

(Something Else the NCAA/NIT got right! :Puke:)

I guess I did use the wrong word. Not able to hit so many easy shots just threw me off! Very frustrating to see so many misses when the outcome means so much more now. Oh well!
I guess I confused not being competitive with not shooting better.

Last edited:

Western Kentucky took down Okie State in a fun to watch game. Way to much time though, for TV timeouts. WKU 92 - OSU 84

Utah v St. Mary's in a defensive type game.... Tied at the half, and tied still, at 28. 7 + left in the 3rd qtr. Go Gaels.

Last edited:

1 minute to go in the 3rd and it's still tied, 34 - 34.
Correction, the Gaels just sank a huge 3. 37 - 34, now 39 - 34 after a huge dunk, with :23.9 left in the 3rd.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back