• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 0L signee Willie Canty not coming to Nebraska

I too hope it happens. However, over the years we have not always fared well in getting them back after junior college.

Agreed, and whatever happens it will be for the best, but with Sims as the coach we shouldn't lose the connection.

That may be his current plan, but how many of our recruits that had to go the JC route ended up eventually enrolling at Nebraska? I really can't think of any.

You just might be right, I guess my point is there is a lot of people speculating on things which no one knows, and here is the kid saying 'My plan is to come back'. So I guess I assume he will come back until he actually doesn't. Then we can start the 'Well, this is why he didn't come back' discussions.

He is from Florida coming to the midwest, the coach in Kansas is a former husker with ties to current Husker coaches, if anyone can go from JC back to his original commitment I am assuming this might just be the kid to do it. I guess we will find out soon enough.

You just might be right, I guess my point is there is a lot of people speculating on things which no one knows, and here is the kid saying 'My plan is to come back'. So I guess I assume he will come back until he actually doesn't. Then we can start the 'Well, this is why he didn't come back' discussions.

He is from Florida coming to the midwest, the coach in Kansas is a former husker with ties to current Husker coaches, if anyone can go from JC back to his original commitment I am assuming this might just be the kid to do it. I guess we will find out soon enough.

I'm not disagreeing with your premise but I don't think Garden City has Nebraska alum on staff.

I'm not disagreeing with your premise but I don't think Garden City has Nebraska alum on staff.
Their coach is a big Husker fan, even tried getting a job here by letting us take SJB off his hands. Also forced the Pelini’s to offer Lavonte David when we were going after other guys higher on the board.

Fizzled out a bit but I think now that Dewitt’s here he’s back to being a Husker-head. Pretty sure he got Mike Hughes to UCF. We will probably have more of a funnel here than IWCC.

Last edited:
Their coach is a big Husker fan, even tried getting a job here by letting us take SJB off his hands. Also forced the Pelini’s to offer Lavonte David when we were going after other guys higher on the board.

Fizzled out a bit but I think now that Dewitt’s here he’s back to being a Husker-head. Pretty sure he got Mike Hughes to UCF. We will probably have more of a funnel here than IWCC.

Very interesting. Didn't realize that. The whole KJCCC has put out some pretty darn good prospects over the years. Having any positive association with those schools is a great thing, especially if we plan/need to utilize the JUCO route.

Sorry, you are correct, my bad, there is however a former Husker GA on their staff, so that can't hurt.

Coach Jon Clark joins the Garden City Community College Football program as the Defensive Backs coach.

Prior to GCCC, Clark served as a defensive assistant at the University of Nebraska from 2016-2017 where he focused on the Husker secondary and assisted witha NU defense that was among the the nations most improved units against the pass in the 2016 season. Clark served as a graduate assistant in 2015 and helped the Husker secondary continue to make strides throughout the season.

I too hope it happens. However, over the years we have not always fared well in getting them back after junior college.

Pretty much rarely happens and I doubt it does with Canty, hope I am wrong though.

C

Last edited:

You would have to believe our shortage would provide some incentive to the ones looking for early playing time. Do you really want to go to Alabama and wait 4 years?
Yea what a bummer wait 4 years and get two or three championship rings

That may be his current plan, but how many of our recruits that had to go the JC route ended up eventually enrolling at Nebraska? I really can't think of any.

On a whole it rarely happens that a kid who goes JUCO ends up at the school he originally committed to

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back