• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2016 KC Royals

And the Royals get a win tonight. 3-2.

Ned gets his 1,000th win and gets a Salvy spash to top it off.

It was a fun day at the K today.

20160918_150938.jpg

Last edited:
It was Star Wars day at the K and there were some interesting characters there.

Last edited:

This may say it all about the season: Royals are 37-14 against Chisox, Twins and Tigers...and 40-59(!!) versus the rest. AL West has absolutely crushed us, not least the seriously sub-0.500 duo of the As and Angels. Despite all that, in the running until the five one-run losses in nine games made the WC deficit insurmountable. Let's finish as strong as possible, touch up the roster a bit (trade Ventura??) and come back for a run in 2017.

This may say it all about the season: Royals are 37-14 against Chisox, Twins and Tigers...and 40-59(!!) versus the rest. AL West has absolutely crushed us, not least the seriously sub-0.500 duo of the As and Angels. Despite all that, in the running until the five one-run losses in nine games made the WC deficit insurmountable. Let's finish as strong as possible, touch up the roster a bit (trade Ventura??) and come back for a run in 2017.

I'm not a big fan of Ventura either but the one I really want gone is Soria.

I'm not a big fan of Ventura either but the one I really want gone is Soria.
Actually like Ventura, it's that I think he has value and might be appealing to someone that thinks getting a new home can get him to a higher level of consistency that he can't seem to in KC. And therefore, to get something of value in return. He's young, though, and yesterday was a nice outing for him.

Actually like Ventura, it's that I think he has value and might be appealing to someone that thinks getting a new home can get him to a higher level of consistency that he can't seem to in KC. And therefore, to get something of value in return. He's young, though, and yesterday was a nice outing for him.

The main problem I have with Ventura is you never know if you'll get Jekyll or Hyde. He has potential though so that's why I'm not ready to see him go anywhere yet.

Last edited:
The main problem I have with Ventura is you never know if you'll get. Jekyll or Hyde. He has potential though so that's why I'm not ready to see him go anywhere yet.
Thats true but Duffy used to be the same way. I think many of Ventura's issues are mental. If he can get his head straight and focused like Duffy did, he could be just as effective. Its a big 'If'.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back