• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2016 Big Ten Tournament Bracket

I guess...

My point is no matter the circumstance, getting to the tournament is the ultimate goal if you don't win conference. They need one or the other this year, no matter who gets in and who doesn't.

Fair enough. That's the black and white version. And yes, it's always good to make it to the tournament. But for me, it's similar to saying Bo's 9 or 10 win seasons were always good due strictly to the win total.

I just think there's a lot of gray area, which suggests if they flame out in the NCAA tournament (if we assume they make it there) after flaming out in the conference tournament ... I can't call the season impressive ... and I doubt Erstad would either. NU had too much momentum late-season to flame out.

Personally, I believe making the NCAA Tournament should be almost a given for Nebraska. Maybe not every year -- but certainly more often than not.

Last edited:

Fair enough. That's the black and white version. And yes, it's always good to make it to the tournament. But for me, it's similar to saying Bo's 9 or 10 win seasons were always good due strictly to the win total.

I just think there's a lot of gray area, which suggests if they flame out in the NCAA tournament (if we assume they make it there) after flaming out in the conference tournament ... I can't call the season impressive ... and I doubt Erstad would either. NU had too much momentum late-season to flame out.

Personally, I believe making the NCAA Tournament should be almost a given for Nebraska. Maybe not every year -- but certainly more often than not.

I was just talking to Linda about how we flamed. I told her, starting Burkamper was a huge mistake. I would have started Jake; he is a winner.

You may disagree, but Jake is the only totally reliable starter we have.

To all, have a safe Memorial Day.............and, enjoy cheeseburgers, baked beans, potato salad and CORN!! :)

I was just talking to Linda about how we flamed. I told her, starting Burkamper was a huge mistake. I would have started Jake; he is a winner.

To all, have a safe Memorial Day.............and, enjoy cheeseburgers, baked beans, potato salad and CORN!! :)

Let's just hope for an extended season ... and even a win (or more) to go with it. Then all will be good in our Husker baseball world! :)

I want food on Memorial Day ... something special ... something summery. :Biggrin:

Starting Jake would have been a good move, but with only six hits in two games (Ohio St. had ONE player who had 15 hits in the tournament), I am not sure anyone would have been successful pitching.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back