• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2015 KC Royals

To Redo's post with the Greinke/Moore intercation (sorry, I didn't want to quote the post directly because of its size). I can't really say I blame Greinke at the time. Plus, Greinke has such an odd personality that I'm sure there was no getting through to him. Also, I have to kind of take 2010-Moore's absurdness that things are going to turn around with a grain of salt, because the Royals didn't have two major pieces of the current run (Escobar and Cain) until after the trade with Milwaukee. People who knew what to look for in the minors saw that things were looking promising, but I remember sitting there in 2010 thinking that four to five years is a long time to wait.

I love Cain and Escobar so it was great in my eyes that Greinke wanted to go elsewhere. My whole point was showing to be careful what you wish for...you just might get it. I am not sure Greinke would fit well with the other guys in the locker room anyway. If he had stayed, I am convinced that Moore would have gotten it done anyway. The man is a magician.

I love Cain and Escobar so it was great in my eyes that Greinke wanted to go elsewhere. My whole point was showing to be careful what you wish for...you just might get it. I am not sure Greinke would fit well with the other guys in the locker room anyway. If he had stayed, I am convinced that Moore would have gotten it done anyway. The man is a magician.

It all worked out in the end. Also, I can't see Greinke wearing ski goggles in the club house. I'd imagine Greinke would be the only guy that finds Salvy annoying.

I was really getting impatient with Moore at the end of the 2012 season. How Allard Baird could stumble into a winning season and Moore couldn't to that point was really tough to accept. He certainly came through on his vision, and there still could be a couple more championship seasons to come.

Also, I don't know how absurdness got in my last post. I meant assuredness in his plan coming to fruition way back in 2010.

[video=youtube;7bV61eRodg0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=89&v=7bV61eRodg0[/video]

attachment.php

Attachments

• Kansas City Royals.jpg
    Kansas City Royals.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 60

After a few days, I still have trouble believing it. What an incredible two years this has been.

I have to believe Alex is gone - this is his best opportunity to maximize his value, and he can't leave at a better time. The days of Jeter are gone...plus, as was previously mentioned, he's a Boras client. I hate when business trumps the game.

Zobrist probably stays, Rios probably not (I think he's gone already, actually). I'd love to see Chris Young stay.

So...who replaces our corner outfielders?

After a few days, I still have trouble believing it. What an incredible two years this has been.

I have to believe Alex is gone - this is his best opportunity to maximize his value, and he can't leave at a better time. The days of Jeter are gone...plus, as was previously mentioned, he's a Boras client. I hate when business trumps the game.

Zobrist probably stays, Rios probably not (I think he's gone already, actually). I'd love to see Chris Young stay.

So...who replaces our corner outfielders?

Is Orlando really that much of a downgrade in right? I mean he is already better defensively since he was often the replacement late in games. His bat is decent...as decent as Rios' was this season imo. He certainly doesn't have the experience that Rios did but he isn't the worst bat in the world and we already have him. I say keep PO and splurge for a LF if Gordon leaves.

Is Orlando really that much of a downgrade in right? I mean he is already better defensively since he was often the replacement late in games. His bat is decent...as decent as Rios' was this season imo. He certainly doesn't have the experience that Rios did but he isn't the worst bat in the world and we already have him. I say keep PO and splurge for a LF if Gordon leaves.

Agree, Orlando for Rios is not a loss, all postseason Orlando was coming in for defensive sub. I think the bats are pretty equal too. My take on Gordon is he'll get BIG $$$ offers and will give the Royals a shot to match (or maybe a little hometown discount) but it will be on the Royals if they can or want to match. It might be time to start bringing in the next wave, ala Reymond Fuentes (former 1st Rd. pick from Boston Red Sox). Ultimately I want them to keep Gordon, maybe that he's a Husker and has been the face of the franchise, but he's my favorite player on this squad and I have said if he stays, then this will be the first time I buy a jersey with a name on the back!!

For the first time I get the feeling that signing/not signing is because it doesn't fit in the Royals plan/process and not because they are using the "woe is me" we are a small market team that can't compete with the big boys excuse!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back