• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2013 recruiting class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Howl

Team Dogo Argentino
10 Year Member
Okay, Red Reign, you have had a couple of hours to rest up. The 2012 class is officially signed and over. It is time to start looking ahead to the 2013 class. Whatcha got for us?! :Biggrin:

Last edited:

Okay, Red Reign, you have had a couple of hours to rest up. The 2012 class is officially signed and over. It is time to start looking ahead to the 2013 class. Whatcha got for us?! :Biggrin:

Ya what gives ya slacker! :Biggrin:.....its like you expect us to look it up for ourselves...:sarcasm:

Not so fast. We have another two schollies to sign according to HCBP!

With an eye towards 2013 and the expected 25-28 scholarships, here is how I would aim to fill those spots by position:

QB (1)
RB (2)
WR (2)
TE (2) *preferably one HS and one JUCO
OL (5) *with a primary focus on OT
DL (6) *with a primary focus on DE
LB (3)
DB (6) *with a primary focus on S

LJS must have heard the plea for information.....;)

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_7136989e-1e3d-58c3-b0c1-450c221224af.html

Now that the madness of Signing Day 2012 is over, what are the Huskers looking for in the Class of 2013?

They've already found one guy: Quarterback/safety Tre'vell Dixon from Baldwin, La.

Dixon, who averaged 11 yards per carry and threw for 1,700 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior, also had offers from Arizona State, Texas A&M and Texas Tech.

We can also tell you that the list of prospects for the Class of 2013 includes a Taco (Ohio defensive end Taco Charlton) and an outside linebacker, also from Ohio, named Courtney Love.

The four-star prospects who have been offered scholarships include Illinois offensive tackle Ethan Pocic (6-6, 280), Ohio defensive tackle Billy Price (6-4, 265) and California safety Su'a Cravens (6-1, 205).

Locally, the Huskers will take a close look at Lincoln Southwest linebacker Josh Banderas (6-2, 215), who also lists Alabama, LSU and Oklahoma as schools of interest. Banderas' dad, Tom, played for the Huskers in the 1980s.

With an eye towards 2013 and the expected 25-28 scholarships, here is how I would aim to fill those spots by position:

QB (1)
RB (2)
WR (2)
TE (2) *preferably one HS and one JUCO
OL (5) *with a primary focus on OT
DL (6) *with a primary focus on DE
LB (3)
DB (6) *with a primary focus on S

I think we should look at a JUCO LB and DB as well in an attempt to even the class sizes out a bit.

Besides current commit Tre'Vell Dixon, I think it is safe to assume that LB Josh Banderas, DB Mike Minter Jr. and DB Drake Martinez will all be apart of the 2013 class...just a matter of when.

Besides current commit Tre'Vell Dixon, I think it is safe to assume that LB Josh Banderas, DB Mike Minter Jr. and DB Drake Martinez will all be apart of the 2013 class...just a matter of when.

I'm curious about Drake Martinez... as tough as the critics have been on Taylor and even their father at times I wonder how receptive he will be to joining the Huskers. Will be interesting to follow.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back