• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

1st Preview 2023/24

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
A Good Read!

1692658455211.png

Nebraska is in the top half of the predictions this season because of Jaz Shelley. Her decision to return for one more season singlehandedly raises this team’s ceiling dramatically............... There may not be as many additions as other rosters, but I really, really like the adds that Williams has made here. White should be an instant impact player, either as a starter or the first player off the bench. Regardless, she should get a lot of important minutes. I also expect to see a lot of these three freshmen, and was oh so close to putting Nissley in the starting five if Nebraska is going to go all out on the three ball.
Nebraska, at its best, is a delightful basketball team to watch, and I expect we will see a lot of what made the Cornhuskers so joyous two seasons ago. How much of it we see, and how much they can elevate past that, is unknown, but I am drinking the Kool-Aid that last year was a small misstep on the road to something greater.

This is Shelley’s last year, but Amy Williams has built a roster that has plenty of bright spots moving forward. More importantly, this is also a team that can — and should — be good enough right now to get to and win in the NCAA Tournament.

This review still has Huskers @ #7 Pre-season in the B1G (even with Allison Weidner out for the season)

7.) Nebraska

2022-23 Big Ten Rank: 8th

The Cornhuskers underperformed after a brilliant 2021-22 campaign, but the roster stayed together in a big way this offseason, not losing a single player to the transfer portal. That cohesion, plus exciting new faces headlined by transfer Darian White and freshman Logan Nissley, gives me plenty of hope that a bounce back is in the cards, even with the recent season-ending injury to Allison Wiedner.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back