• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

1995 Sept 09 - Nebraska vs Michigan St T O vs SABAN

I'd argue he was 5th string behind Phillips, Green, Benning, and Childs. Just absolutely stacked. Also crazy to think Sims was a walk-on. Embarrassment of riches in those days.

Easy to be a "great back" when you don't get touched until you are 5-7 yards down the field :).

Did you spend some time watching the line play?

Some of the blocking was just unbelievable, and I have not even touched on the TE and WR blocking down field which was out of sight. We have seen nothing like that in the last 10 years :(.

GBR

Easy to be a "great back" when you don't get touched until you are 5-7 yards down the field :).

Did you spend some time watching the line play?

Some of the blocking was just unbelievable, and I have not even touched on the TE and WR blocking down field which was out of sight. We have seen nothing like that in the last 10 years :(.

GBR

The line play is what makes it difficult to evaluate how great our backs were. Ahman and Lawrence proved they were elite regardless. But I always thought Clinton Childs was underrated. Difficult to say when you have the greatest lines in CFB history blocking for you. They allowed zero sacks in 1995. The Huskers were the supermen of their time.

The line play is what makes it difficult to evaluate how great our backs were. Ahman and Lawrence proved they were elite regardless. But I always thought Clinton Childs was underrated. Difficult to say when you have the greatest lines in CFB history blocking for you. They allowed zero sacks in 1995. The Huskers were the supermen of their time.

Yes, Ahman and Lawrence were special.

Now just imagine Amir behind that line.........:)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back