• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

19-13

Indiana game is going to be real tough as its on the road and IU is playing better. I could see us going 0-2 with the way the last 2 games have been played.

Yeah, I also think we go 0-2. Sorry to say, but it was only a matter of time. We have been playing a little over our heads lately. We just don't have enough talent, and pure shooters on the team yet. Miles has shown he can get it done though.

Teams are learning if you can keep NU from attacking the hoop we have nothing left on offense. That was the problem the last 2 games.. no penetration.

Yeah, I also think we go 0-2. Sorry to say, but it was only a matter of time. We have been playing a little over our heads lately. We just don't have enough talent, and pure shooters on the team yet. Miles has shown he can get it done though.

Teams are learning if you can keep NU from attacking the hoop we have nothing left on offense. That was the problem the last 2 games.. no penetration.

Lots of the time NWU had 5 guys in the paint. It worked pretty well for them. Unless we get hot outside to draw them out, I would think Wisky will do the same thing very successfully.

Did anyone see Illinois win at Mich St? I don't think that loss to them was a fluke...they have won 3 straight, with 2 of those on the road.

Right now we are in an offensive slump, but it's a good sign to win when you aren't playing your best. I think we go to Indiana and win...they aren't a good defensive team.

You don't win 9 out of 12 in the B1G by being a fluke. You are what you are...we have legitimately beat a lot of good teams...there's no "playing above our heads" about this.

GBR!! NCAA Tourney-bound!!

Did anyone see Illinois win at Mich St? I don't think that loss to them was a fluke.......

Right now we are in an offensive slump, but it's a good sign to win when you aren't playing your best. I think we go to Indiana and win......

You don't win 9 out of 12 in the B1G by being a fluke. You are what you are...we have legitimately beat a lot of good teams....

GBR!! NCAA Tourney-bound!!

:thumbsup:

Every team has its slumps. Not too long ago there were complaints that Pitchford wasn't any good; turnover machine and all that. Parker's too short to play any meaningful minutes. Then Shavon was in a slump. Now Petteway is in a slump and Gallegos is a detriment, not an asset. No team is immune, even Creighton, with its renown stable of 'shooters.'

Who knows how it will play out? - I just know there will be some surprises :eek:, and disappointment :( (unless we Do happen to win it ALL) the rest of the way. I also know when we are hitting on all five (radial engine; Roy :Biggrin:) we can beat anybody. :nod:

I get a lot out of Miles' Press Conferences (archived @Huskers.com). For example, how surprised he was to discover how much he has had to motivate practically every team he's ever had during Febr and March. It shows just what a Grind Men's BB really is (especially in the B1G) and how hard it for a team to stay 'Up' all the time. I believe Miles is the man to show the team 'What it Takes,' if they're willing to learn. :teacher:

(How ironic would it be if Gallegos were to finish his college career by getting 'hot' and leading us to the "Dance" :banana::corn2::dancebroc::dancer:)

:gobigred:

Agree Red Don. Gallegos stepping up and hitting his shots would take alot off of other guys shoulders and maybe open up what little inside game we have. We need him down this stretch the next two weeks but as of late he cannot hit water if he fell off a boat.

Gallegos has never really been a good shooter. He made a lot because he shot a lot. Streaky at best. He might catch fire for a game but certainly not a guy you can count on for a stretch run.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back