• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 14 teams, 9 games, no divisions! More original work on scheduling, please look...

Status
Not open for further replies.
initial thought - intriguing, best 14 team scheduling I've seen.

further review - worry about designated 5 being "even" for everyone - (example) Wisky's 5 seem less challenging than most of the upper teams. understand that's a variable which can be tweaked, just wonder if it will ever seem equal.

also wonder about fan confusion.

I think fan confusion would be an initial problem, and maybe the set schedules are a little off as of yet. But, I think when you look at the schedules as a whole, the year in year out schedules will be pretty even. Plus, strength of schedule inequities are a problem in the current system too. They were even worse in the Big XII.

Another thought on fan confusion. If I'm Jim Delany, or a B1G AD. I can simplify the way this works to fans damn quick. I don't have to talk too much about tie-breakers, I simply say this.

No divisions, the championship game is selected more fairly than any in the land. Simply, the best two teams go!

Each team plays 9 games, 5 are annual, 4 rotate. You'll cycle through the whole league, home and away, in 4 years.

Your team will play the following 5 teams annually, and your 4 rotators are as follows...

You see, it's just as simple, or even more so for fans to understand when you spoon feed them.

And if that doesn't work, the BTN has an Army of propagandists who have me almost believing that Legends and Leaders are great names.

Last edited:
Another thought on fan confusion. If I'm Jim Delany, or a B1G AD. I can simplify the way this works to fans damn quick. I don't have to talk too much about tie-breakers, I simply say this.

No divisions, the championship game is selected more fairly than any in the land. Simply, the best two teams go!

Each team plays 9 games, 5 are annual, 4 rotate. You'll cycle through the whole league, home and away, in 4 years.

Your team will play the following 5 teams annually, and your 4 rotators are as follows...

You see, it's just as simple, or even more so for fans to understand when you spoon feed them.

And if that doesn't work, the BTN has an Army of propagandists who have me almost believing that Legends and Leaders are great names.

All the tiebreakers would be pretty confusing though. In the end, for the fan it wouldn't really matter because leading up to the games the announcers and media would all be spoon feeding us the info we need i.e. NU goes if they win the next two, etc.

I like AH's idea but doubt the B1G would use it. Not sure what would be done if they added 2 more teams.

So hypothetically, given the way this year finished out - assuming no divisions (& with OSU & PSU ineligible)

who would NU be playing in the CCG??

Michigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back