• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

1 championship game?

Navythomas8

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Sorry guys I don't get this. Neither Indiana or Nebraska have one loss, In a double elimination Tourney, Why is this not a best of three? Just scratching my head on this.. GBR!!! Lets TAG EM!!!

Well, a best of three could completely decimate your pitching staff prior to the NCAA Tournament. A single game championship is the best route to go.

I came on this forum to learn if the final is a best of 3 or a single game. Guess I have my answer. Not sure I understand it.

Well, a best of three could completely decimate your pitching staff prior to the NCAA Tournament. A single game championship is the best route to go.

This is why . . . winning the conference tournament is great, but the real prize starts next week.

I, like many others on here, didn't like the single game championship in a double elimination tournament. However, I never considered this aspect. Good point! It makes much more sense when considering the pitching staff element.

I, like many others on here, didn't like the single game championship in a double elimination tournament. However, I never considered this aspect. Good point! It makes much more sense when considering the pitching staff element.

I think the College World Series uses a best of three format for the championship game. But keep in mind that the CWS is spread over about 10 days. The Big Ten Tournament only lasts about 5 days. It is easier to get your pitching staff some rest when you have a 10 day tournament.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back