• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“Scott Frost will become a legend”....Tom Lemming

If you haven't heard, SF is on a 13-game winning streak...and he just beat SEC power Auburn with his 2 and 3 star recruits.

No telling exactly what the future holds with SF as our HC. SF did have lots of exceptional players at UCF. Might be hard to duplicate the magical season he just had. But if he can do once, there is least a decent chance he can do it again.

He will need to acquire plenty of raw talent and develop some player leadership. But most agree he is about the best young coach in the business right now. I think he gives NU a very good chance to take it to the next level.
One thing every Husker fan is certain of...Nebraska will be better than they ever were under Riley.

Geez, can we let the guy coach a few games before we start labeling him as a legend? One has to ask, what makes a legend? Everyone will have a different opinion on that. Let me throw this out to you all regarding our last legend coach TO. TO hit the ground running and had great success in the W-L column. One that I am sure we all would like to see again. He won a very high percentage of his games early in his career, yet many were unhappy because he could not beat Oklahoma. I doubt anyone would have labeled him as a legend at this point. Let's look at every year of TO's head coaching career and pretend he left coaching after that year. At what point did he become a Legend? My argument will be he didn't become a legend until after winning his first NC in 94. That is my cut off point that if he quit football, he becomes a legend. The reason I bring this up is that TO set the standard here at NU (some will argue that was Devaney and I have no issue with that). He is the one responsible for our expectations and what we expect from coach Frost. The point being, it took TO a long time imo to become a legend. Give Frost some time as well. Some of the talk in here about NC games in 4 years is high expectations and unreasonable. Playing in the BIG championship game in 4 years is more reasonable. For Frost to become a legend he will have to win a NC and that takes time. I believe he and his staff have the makeup to do just that.

AA_NUROCKET.gif
:Lol::thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back