• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“Scott Frost will become a legend”....Tom Lemming

GoBlueDavid

Red Shirt
“He’ll become a legend. He’s young enough to stay a long time. I doubt that he leaves. They finally got themselves a winner.”

— Tom Lemming on new Nebraska coach Scott Frost

More at link!

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/scott-frost-nebraska-football-urban-meyer-ohio-state

e613b5ed597ce59b759b508beff6b6ea.jpg

Last edited:

I agree with the ferret on this one. But I do agree with the article on the front page, that year one will be rocky. Our schedule is brutal...worst I've ever seen in all of my years of cheering for the Huskers.

I agree with the ferret on this one. But I do agree with the article on the front page, that year one will be rocky. Our schedule is brutal...worst I've ever seen in all of my years of cheering for the Huskers.
No - Year 1 in the B1G was more brutal.

Fresno St, Washington and Wyoming in non-conference

@UW, OSU, @Minn, MSU, NW, PSU, @Michigan, Iowa

Lost to UW, NW and Michigan

Conference schedule 2018 to conference schedule 2011, road games at Michgan, UW, NW, OSU and Iowa will be more difficult given the relative strengths of each team. No PSU will help though.

5 road games and 4 home games for a 9 game schedule compared to 4 and 4 in an 8 game schedule in 2011.

This could be arguable given
Chat 5-6
Fresno State 4-9
Washington 6-7
Wyoming 8-5
Wisky 10-3 Finished 10th
Ohio State 6-7
Minnesota 3-8
Michigan St 11-3 Finished 11th
Northwestern 6-7
Michigan 11-2 Finished 12th
Penn State 9-4
Iowa 7-6

Our non-conference combined all had losing records. However 3 of our tough games.....Wisky, Michigan and Penn State were on the road. 2018 will have a non-conference schedule that is probably equal by the time w/l come around next year and we play everyone on the 2011 schedule except Penn State but add Illinois and Purdue. We also have Wisky, Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa and Northwestern all on the road. Again........its not a given that 2011 was the toughest. However a good argument could be made by the eye test that 2018 could be the touhgest.

It looks tough if you account for the 2017 season.

If you ignore the last 3 years, 2018 doesn't look that tough.

I'm trying to ignore many of the events in the last three. But then I read stuff like 5 of Travis Fishers DB's at UCF got NFL contracts from the 2016 team, and I'm pretty sure you can count the Huskers from the 2016 team to the NFL on one hand - from the ENTIRE team. I feel :Bananalazy:

Then I remember that the 2017 UCF team, after losing all those studs, was undefeated and beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl. The DB's were aggressive tacklers and ball hawks. So then I'm all :Corn2:

The 2018 schedule still looks tough to me, but that's why we make the big $$ in the B1G.

Hard to overestimate the effect of coaching in college football, isn't it? :Huskers:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back