• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Your impressions thus far....

interesting article. thanks for posting.

no doubt the "face" of baseball is changing a little bit. take a look at the beautiful new Werner park in Ralston where the Stormchasers play, for example. There is a huge berm type area behind the outfield, with basketball courts, picnic tables, play ground equipment - just all sorts of "stuff" you can do while "watching" the game. obviously the bigwigs are doing whatever they can to get people in the doors but Werner park pulls it off very well.

for the record, i don't have a problem with the baseball cheerleaders. its an idea that goes against the tradition of baseball, and it sounds a little corny, but i don't have a problem with them trying to think outside the box to create excitement for the program. it appears to be working and I'm all for it.

either way, the bottom line in sports is always this: winning trumps all the other gimmicks.

interesting article. thanks for posting.

no doubt the "face" of baseball is changing a little bit. take a look at the beautiful new Werner park in Ralston where the Stormchasers play, for example. There is a huge berm type area behind the outfield, with basketball courts, picnic tables, play ground equipment - just all sorts of "stuff" you can do while "watching" the game. obviously the bigwigs are doing whatever they can to get people in the doors but Werner park pulls it off very well.

for the record, i don't have a problem with the baseball cheerleaders. its an idea that goes against the tradition of baseball, and it sounds a little corny, but i don't have a problem with them trying to think outside the box to create excitement for the program. it appears to be working and I'm all for it.

either way, the bottom line in sports is always this: winning trumps all the other gimmicks.

The super regional crowds at the Buck bear that out. :thumbsup:

Listen up, Husker baseball fanatics:

Today, B10 was supposed to rebroadcast the 15-inning game. Somehow, they preempted it with a basketball game from
last year and goodness knows what else!

I am missing the complete bottom of the 13th and on. If someone could send me a copy of the whole game, I
sure would appreciate it. If someone has a Panasonic, I could use a dvd copy that is not finalized. If so, I would only
need what I missed, the bottom of the 13th and on.

I will make it worth your while. Sure hope someone has the whole game.

Thanks! :salute:

Lane from the radio today said this would be a 40+ win team. I don't see that...yet. They have some of the best pitching they have had in many years. Capable of shutting down powerhouses like LSU and A$M. But i dont think they have the offense to compete with the better teams in the country...yet. They will have 1 or 2 productive innings then go flat for the rest of the game. No HR power (.13/gm), no stolen base abilities (.93/gm), and poor base running decisions are issues.

The team has the athletes to compete with anyone, but will they?

:2cents:

33 games in and little has changed. NU does not have the fire power to compete with quality pitching.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back