• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

World Cup games thread

Like I said....I would only say True IF he had a great #1 like Low....

Low is a far, far superior tactical and game day coach then Klinsman....no ifs, buts or ands....and anyone arguing otherwise would leave me shaking my head....

So yeah I agree with you IF he did not have a Low as his 1.....

False, even with that much talent, the tweaks that Low made throughout the run to the cup were the difference

Last edited:

Should win that and golden glove award....best keeper in the world.....

Ives Galarcep @SoccerByIves · My Player of the Tournament is Neuer. Muller had the stats but no player more important to what Germany did than Neuer. Colossal back there
Agreed.

RR:

Once the smoke clears from the World Cup fever, can you give us an assessment of the progress and future of Soccer in the USA?

I see tons of blooming potential with the sport going almost mainstream by the time the 2018 World Cup is upon us. Especially due to the fact there are multitudes of youngsters (being 2nd and some 3rd generation) playing in youth leagues across the country these days.

Neuer deserves his award.

But the best game by any goalie at this WC was Howard against Belgium IMO.

Ochoa's performance against Brazil is right up there.

Yup I'll be glad to do that....already been thinking about it......

We will certainly be going to a youth movement we have no choice.......but we are also going to have to bring in a top-flight #1 coach who is a tactically sound and innovate in order for us to progress....its just not Klinsman's strength...........fitness, heart and grit can only take us so far and we have not progressed beyond that the past 4 years....its something we have always had........

I've seen some argue that Kilnsman would better serve the USMNT by stepping up to be the full time technical director as he knows talent and is organizationally sound......and bring in a new full time head coach for the team....I don't think that will happen, but I actually like the idea.....I think it would make us a better team......

Anyway more later and in detail....

I'm not sure it will be mainstream.....but the sport continues to grow...in a natural progression....

RR:

Once the smoke clears from the World Cup fever, can you give us an assessment of the progress and future of Soccer in the USA?

I see tons of blooming potential with the sport going almost mainstream by the time the 2018 World Cup is upon us. Especially due to the fact there are multitudes of youngsters (being 2nd and some 3rd generation) playing in youth leagues across the country these days.

Last edited:
Switching the above discussion on Löw/Klinsmann, what if Löw had been our coach and Klinsmann Germany's?

:wow:

For the sake of argument I think we would have made the quarters at least (50/50 against Argentina). No way Löw would find himself without a backup striker for Jozy in the final 23, and the heart/guts would still have been there, since it's such a trademark American quality.

Angels on the head of a pin, but a fun philosophical discussion.

Agree 100%....I think with Low's tactical genius and his picks we could have made it that far.....far superior coach in all aspects of the game...

Boyd would have been in an Wondo out....which is how it should have been in the first place.....and it hurt us.....

Fun indeed....:)

Switching the above discussion on Löw/Klinsmann, what if Löw had been our coach and Klinsmann Germany's?

:wow:

For the sake of argument I think we would have made the quarters at least (50/50 against Argentina). No way Löw would find himself without a backup striker for Jozy in the final 23, and the heart/guts would still have been there, since it's such a trademark American quality.

Angels on the head of a pin, but a fun philosophical discussion.

Let's not forget that Aron was also injured and unavailable.

I imagine that JK had a plan for an Aron-Clint duo, but planning for your top two strikers to go down is a bit much.

Working on it now hopefully done in the next day or two.....:)

RR:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back