• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Tre Bryant begin to emerge as a sophomore as Roy Helu did?

Will Tre Bryant begin to emerge as a sophomore as Roy Helu did?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does amaze me how some think NU is going all Mike Leach this year. They are going to average 68 passes and 12 draw plays a game. :rolleyes: It should be pretty close to a 50/50 split. I do agree that the way they rotate backs is not condusive to getting into a groove running the ball. I don't think that BP's team did a good job of it either.
These guys like to throw the damn ball. Been this way their entire career, for the most part. Not unusual to suspect that at all. Now, they supposedly have their pure passer. Look how much they threw it w Tommy? You think they are gonna throw it less w his guy? I don't. And btw, Leach is pretty effective.

Last edited:

What this thread tells me is: we don't run the option predominantly anymore, and don't feature running anymore. Boo hoo. Get over it, if we suck with a pass first offense feel free to complain. We aren't going back to a run heavy offense, get over it or get with a new team. There are very few successful teams that are run heavy on offense. If you like that style maybe there is a new team for you. If you are a Husker fan and support the team, you will get with our offense and defense as it is. It's okay to move on based on preferences. I won't judge, but others might :)

These guys like to throw the damn ball. Been this way their entire career, for the most part. Not unusual to suspect that at all. Now, they supposedly have their pure passer. Look how much they threw it w Tommy? You think they are gonna throw it less w his guy? I don't. And btw, Leach is pretty effective.
So? And? If NU can beat their opponents with a good mix of pass, PA, and screens does that make their accomplishments less? I for one don't care how we 'get there' just that we do. You seem to care more about the 'how' than the outcome, which doesn't equate to me.

Last edited:
So? And? If NU can beat their opponents with a good mix of pass, PA, and screens does that make their accomplishments less? I for one don't care how we 'get there' just that we do. You seem to care more about the 'how' than the outcome, which doesn't equate to me.
I could care less. We were talking about the running game. I simply made a few valid points. Nothing more.

Yeah they like to throw the ball, they also like to win. They will run and throw the ball. It won't be a 80/20 split running the ball, like Nebraska of old. It won't be 80/20 split passing either. It will be pretty close to 50/50.

Yes Leach is pretty effective, but you don't like his style of game. Now you just need to get to a point where you realize MR offense can be effective even if it is not what you want.

Yeah they like to throw the ball, they also like to win. They will run and throw the ball. It won't be a 80/20 split running the ball, like Nebraska of old. It won't be 80/20 split passing either. It will be pretty close to 50/50.

Yes Leach is pretty effective, but you don't like his style of game. Now you just need to get to a point where you realize MR offense can be effective even if it is not what you want.
I'm not convinced Rileys offense can ever be successful, except in small increments. Too many inconsistencies in it to be successful all the time. Sporadically, yes, consistently, no. Not sure Riley knows what winning, a lot, is like. He's never done it, with any type of regularity. I'm hoping to see it come to fruition, like you say though.

Never said I didn't like Leach's style. For places like Tech, and WSU, its highly effective. Nebraska has been gravitating to a type of team like these schools, but at least it's a has been instead of a never was been.

Last edited:
Living in Wisconsin ... I sure do remember what did in Packerland!

I was responding to Red October who suggested "Tre Bryant could be Mike Riley's Ahman Green". Comparing Bryant to Green does a disservice to Green. We all knew after his freshman year that AG was a superstar. Potential All-American, certain NFL caliber player and a worthy successor in a long line of high caliber I-Backs.

Tre Bryant while showing decent potential is none of those things ... and the comparison to Ahman Green is an unworthy comparison.
Not a comparison, just a observation

I'm not convinced Rileys offense can ever be successful, except in small increments. Too many inconsistencies in it to be successful all the time. Sporadically, yes, consistently, no. Not sure Riley knows what winning, a lot, is like. He's never done it, with any type of regularity. I'm hoping to see it come to fruition, like you say though.

Never said I didn't like Leach's style. For places like Tech, and WSU, its highly effective. Nebraska has been gravitating to a type of team like these schools, but at least it's a has been instead of a never was been.

Specifically what are these inconsistencies?

C

Nebraska has been gravitating to a type of team like these schools, but at least it's a has been instead of a never was been.
Wow. And you still say you are a fan? You call your team "a has been," really? I guess I'm just the kind of fan that thinks of the team as the "sooon-to-be BIG champions," rather than as a bunch of has beens.

Last edited:
Will Bryantt emerge as Helu did? Well, lets think about this.

In 2015 when MR arrived Devine Ozigbo averaged 5.5 yards per carry (ypc). Last year he only averaged 4.6 yards per carry. That is a downward trend. Terrell Newby averaged 5.2 ypc in 2015 but then only averaged 4.2 ypc in 2016...which is also a downward trend.

But yes Tre Byant who only averaged 4.0 ypc in 2016 will become a superstar this year, average 6.5 ypc carry and run for more than 2,000 yards. And Tanner Lee will surely throw for more than 5,000 yards this season. In the end we will beat tOSU by 20 points and win the Big 10.

I am very excited.

Last edited:
Will Bryantt emerge as Helu did? Well, lets think about this.

In 2015 when MR arrived Devine Ozigbo averaged 5.5 yards per carry (ypc). Last year he only averaged 4.6 yards per carry. That is a downward trend. Terrell Newby averaged 5.2 ypc in 2015 but then only averaged 4.2 ypc in 2016...which is also a downward trend.

But yes Tre Byant who only averaged 4.0 ypc in 2016 will become a superstar this year, average 6.5 ypc carry and run for more than 2,000 yards. And Tanner Lee will surely throw for more than 5,000 yards this season. In the end we will beat tOSU by 20 points and win the Big 10.

I am very excited.
In 2015 if you were a defense playing against NE. Your best bet was to stack the box because TA throwing was a 50/50 proposition even if the WR was wide open. You also had a better than average chance to get an int.

As many have said already. With a QB who can read a defense and complete a pass. Teams will have to back off. That should open up running lanes and increase YPc.

In 2015 if you were a defense playing against NE. Your best bet was to stack the box because TA throwing was a 50/50 proposition even if the WR was wide open. You also had a better than average chance to get an int.

As many have said already. With a QB who can read a defense and complete a pass. Teams will have to back off. That should open up running lanes and increase YPc.

Good point. Plus I see an upward trend in our running game this year because of this wonderful new thing called mental accountability.

Wow. And you still say you are a fan? You call your team "a has been," really? I guess I'm just the kind of fan that thinks of the team as the "sooon-to-be BIG champions," rather than as a bunch of has beens.
In my blood brotha. Doesn't just go away. What would you say Nebraska is right now? Right now, they are a has been. It hasn't won a damn thing in nearly 2 decades. Not even as much as a major bowl game. What would you call it at this point? They'll have to change that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back