• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Frosts relationship with Knight ever take us to Nike?

ThrowFar60

Scout Team
5 Year Member
I know Frost has an amazing relationship with Nike’s Phil Knight, and after doing some research, saw that we aren’t even in the top 20 in apparel contracts.

I would think we would do better than what Adidas is giving us. Nebraska is a world wide brand, I’m down in Cancun this week and on at least 3 occasions have had bartenders and pool waiters tell me “Go Big Red” due to my attire.

Any thoughts on if/when we’ll ever see a switch?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...most-valuable-college-apparel-deals-2018/amp/

I know Frost has an amazing relationship with Nike’s Phil Knight, and after doing some research, saw that we aren’t even in the top 20 in apparel contracts.

I would think we would do better than what Adidas is giving us. Nebraska is a world wide brand, I’m down in Cancun this week and on at least 3 occasions have had bartenders and pool waiters tell me “Go Big Red” due to my attire.

Any thoughts on if/when we’ll ever see a switch?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...most-valuable-college-apparel-deals-2018/amp/

I hope not, I will not purchase any Nike gear, so I would hope all of my old Husker gear holds up, or I will have to go buy a bunch of stuff before they switch over.

I would suspect this is more Bill Moos' call than Frost's although like anything Frost will probably have significant influence. Nevertheless Frost's biggest role might be getting the parties together.

There is no way whatsoever in any way shape or form that we should be making less than Louisville, South Carolina, Wisconsin, NC State, Cincinnati among others.

In some ways apparel contracts are like NFL QB contracts ... the next guy is always going to get the better contract ... but national brand, name recognition, loyal fan base ...

If I read correctly, we can re-evaluate the deal and terminate on our end at the 4th and 8th year.
That sounds right but I still doubt it. Personally I don't really care but I remembered that we had signed a long term contract recently and decided to mention it.

Whether Addidas, Nike, Under Armor, Jordan Brand, etc..... I just want us to win in it. That helps to sell the apparel.

I'm not a huge fan of Addidas outside of a classic pair of "shell toes".....so I am not totally against a switch to Nike, though I doubt it would happen, at least in the near future.

Didn't Moos have a bit of a strained relationship with Phil Knight? I think Knight actually got him pushed out the door...

Plus, Adidas is a strong brand and continues to be on the rise. I actually think we're #1 or #2 on their football deals with only Louisville and Kansas being bigger, almost entirely because of their basketball programs. I would really prefer we not move off Adidas, especially not for Nike right now

Didn't Moos have a bit of a strained relationship with Phil Knight? I think Knight actually got him pushed out the door...

Plus, Adidas is a strong brand and continues to be on the rise. I actually think we're #1 or #2 on their football deals with only Louisville and Kansas being bigger, almost entirely because of their basketball programs. I would really prefer we not move off Adidas, especially not for Nike right now
Yep. Almost posted the same. Don't remember what it was but there is some history between Moos and Knight.

Knight got Moos fired

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back