• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Where will Bo land?

berryhusker

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
He was a successful coach at the FBS level and now has taken his team to the FCS playoffs. Where does Bo fall in terms of the FCS openings at places like Purdue and Indiana?

I think he's found his niche, and he's back home. I suspect he stays there. Frankie found a satisfying spot at a lower level and seems content.

I think he's found his niche, and he's back home. I suspect he stays there. Frankie found a satisfying spot at a lower level and seems content.
Man, I was about to say the exact same thing. He's home, he has plenty of money, unless he's fired, he's not going anywhere.

My first response is...........who cares.

Having said that, and knowing that it will inflame certain posters on this board, I probably need to explain myself further.

In general, I follow what Husker ex-coaches do after their time at Nebraska. I generally root for them. I think Solich has done a good job at Ohio, taking a program that had been dormant for years, and making it a perennial bowl representative with an occasional conference championship appearance, as it is this year. What Craig Bohl did with North Dakota State and the turnaround in year 3 at Wyoming is impressive. Even Bill Callahan has proven himself again in the NFL with building the o-line at Dallas, then going to the Redskins and doing something similar.

I had no ill-will towards Pelini during his coaching tenure, even as the forgettable wins, and memorable beat downs accumulated. His sideline antics didn't bother me too much (the tirade with TMart and the 2013 Iowa game were exceptions). I tend to like coaches that are a bit more demonstrative. However, his reaction to the AD after his firing, very publicly in front of the team, was beyond childish and in poor taste. I would have had no problem if he had personally and privately confronted SE and called him a p*ssy to his face. But dragging the entire team down with that vitriol was a point 'too far' for me.

Last edited:

Will not be in the B1G. No one wants the baggage that comes with him. Good coach with an inability to control his temper.

I'd bet my paycheck that at some point in time FS would've loved an opportunity to coach at a P5 school. He's done well and been relatively successful at Ohio but I believe if Minnesota or Wisconsin or Iowa or Colorado would've come calling that he would have left in about 5 seconds.

He's at an age now where he'll finish up his career at Ohio.

Interesting to me that Northern Illinois and now Western Michigan have had greater success during FS's tenure at Ohio.

I think he'd do better staying at YSU a bit longer. Would not be out of the realm of possibility for him to have a consistent top 5-10 contender there. If he does that and gets his temper to a manageable level, he can do better than Purdue. That's a big IF, though.

Who is this "Bo" of which is spoken? :Stirthepot:

image.jpeg

Will not be in the B1G. No one wants the baggage that comes with him. Good coach with an inability to control his temper.
I'm not a lover or hater of Bo, but his players graduated and stayed out of trouble for the most part and he ran a clean program. Gotta give him credit for that. I'll always be curious of the, what if. "What if" he wins those 2 Big 12 titles? He should have. How might things have been different? Hard to say.

I think he'd do better staying at YSU a bit longer. Would not be out of the realm of possibility for him to have a consistent top 5-10 contender there. If he does that and gets his temper to a manageable level, he can do better than Purdue. That's a big IF, though.
I disagree - stay much longer at YSU - and he runs the risk of becoming a lifer like FS at Ohio. Nothing wrong with that but IF he aspires to the next level he has to be successful at YSU, move on and be successful elsewhere. Much like Bohl at NDSU. Great success, could have retired there and never ever bought a drink for himself at a bar but he's moved on to Wyoming, appears to be on the verge of being successful and may leverage that into another step up.

I'm not a lover or hater of Bo, but his players graduated and stayed out of trouble for the most part and he ran a clean program. Gotta give him credit for that. I'll always be curious of the, what if. "What if" he wins those 2 Big 12 titles? He should have. How might things have been different? Hard to say.
Sure players graduated, clean program yada yada yada but he didn't win. During his tenure much like the early TO years - he didn't win enough.

He'd probably still be at Nebraska if he could've figured out how to play nice with the media and his boss but the bottom line for ADSE, isn't anything but failures to win conference championships, playoff berths and blowouts losses!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back