• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vegas wins over-under

Discoverer27

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Maybe this has been posted but I just heard on a satellite college football station that Vegas has NU's season win total over-under set at 6. I would have thought at least 7.

Brother lives in vegas just sent him a text to find me that number and put done a c note.

I don't get to Vegas often, If I can get in on this one it seems like an easy win.

I wonder if that includes the bowl game or is just for regular season. Probably just regular season since they don't know who we would play in a bowl.

Last edited:
On paper, I can see why Vegas would do that.

Basically new offense, with a new QB, with no returning starters except OL, which was lackluster last year.

New defense.

The upside: NU has building to this kind of offense for 2+ yrs, and the QB is not a rookie.

The defense is led by a very good DC in Diaco.

I think NU will have 5 wins for sure:

09/02 ARKANSAS STATE TBA
trans.gif

09/16 NORTHERN ILLINOIS TBA
trans.gif

09/23 RUTGERS TBA
trans.gif

09/29 @ ILLINOIS TBA
trans.gif

10/28 @
trans.gif
PURDUE TBA

4 toss up games:

10/07 WISCONSIN TBA
trans.gif

11/04 NORTHWESTERN TBA
trans.gif

11/11 @ MINNESOTA TBA
trans.gif

11/24 IOWA TBA
trans.gif

3 upsets, if they are wins:

09/09 @ OREGON TBA
trans.gif

10/14 OHIO STATE TBA
trans.gif

11/18
trans.gif
@ PENN STATE TBA

So if NU wins the 5 for sure wins, plus half the toss ups, that gets them to 7 wins. I think NU can win all the toss ups, and that would get them to 9. I think the real over-under might be 8.

Basically new offense, with a new QB, with no returning starters except OL, which was lackluster last year.

New defense.

The upside: NU has building to this kind of offense for 2+ yrs, and the QB is not a rookie.

09/02 ARKANSAS STATE TBA
trans.gif

trans.gif

09/23 RUTGERS TBA
trans.gif

09/29 @ ILLINOIS TBA
trans.gif

10/28 @
trans.gif
PURDUE TBA

4 toss up games:

10/07 WISCONSIN TBA
trans.gif

11/04 NORTHWESTERN TBA
trans.gif

11/11 @ MINNESOTA TBA
trans.gif

11/24 IOWA TBA
trans.gif

09/09 @ OREGON TBA
trans.gif

10/14 OHIO STATE TBA
trans.gif

11/18
trans.gif
@ PENN STATE TBA

So if NU wins the 5 for sure wins, plus half the toss ups, that gets them to 7 wins. I think NU can win all the toss ups, and that would get them to 9. I think the real over-under might be 8.
Agree with your assessment but think Oregon is close to a toss up with the only advantage being Oregon playing at home. 8 seems better to me.

New defense.

09/02 ARKANSAS STATE TBA
trans.gif

trans.gif

09/23 RUTGERS TBA
trans.gif

09/29 @ ILLINOIS TBA
trans.gif

10/28 @
trans.gif
PURDUE TBA

4 toss up games:

10/07 WISCONSIN TBA
trans.gif

11/04 NORTHWESTERN TBA
trans.gif

11/11 @ MINNESOTA TBA
trans.gif

11/24 IOWA TBA
trans.gif

09/09 @ OREGON TBA
trans.gif

10/14 OHIO STATE TBA
trans.gif

11/18
trans.gif
@ PENN STATE TBA

I agree with your season breakdown, but would put the over-under at 7.5. Either way, the o/u of 6 seems like a good bet.

Agree with your assessment but think Oregon is close to a toss up with the only advantage being Oregon playing at home. 8 seems better to me.

I view Oregon as a favorite over NU rather than a toss-up.

The Ducks were horrible last season, yet they gave the Huskers all they could handle in Lincoln. Oregon returns the third most starters in all of FBS. And their new coach's offensive system should transition fairly easily with the Ducks former system.

I view Oregon as a favorite over NU rather than a toss-up.

The Ducks were horrible last season, yet they gave the Huskers all they could handle in Lincoln. Oregon returns the third most starters in all of FBS. And their new coach's offensive system should transition fairly easily with the Ducks former system.
Factoring into their poor play was being emotionally down because of the poor season. That hadn't happened yet when they were in Lincoln. If it were a Husker home game, I think the Huskers win a tight one. I think NU and OU are pretty even.

Factoring into their poor play was being emotionally down because of the poor season. That hadn't happened yet when they were in Lincoln. If it were a Husker home game, I think the Huskers win a tight one. I think NU and OU are pretty even.

Fair enough. I mostly look at all of the returning starters -- and they have more than about any team in FBS -- and we are on the total opposite end of the spectrum. Oregon is #3 in returning starters. Nebraska is #114. That is pretty brutal for a team that green to play their third game of the season in one of the tougher environments in college football. I personally fear that's a game we could get pounded, if we are not careful.

Fair enough. I mostly look at all of the returning starters -- and they have more than about any team in FBS -- and we are on the total opposite end of the spectrum. Oregon is #3 in returning starters. Nebraska is #114. That is pretty brutal for a team that green to play their third game of the season in one of the tougher environments in college football. I personally fear that's a game we could get pounded, if we are not careful.
Valid point but I am not certain whether some of our starters being gone is a positive or negative in some positions. Obviously having new personnel has an elemental learning curve with chemistry and cohesiveness, but I have convinced myself that on the offensive side of the ball, we are going to be better off in the long run this season. It remains to be seen whether that translates to a game played against a quality opponent on the road in September, but I have my fingers crossed.

Second game and it will be a loss.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back