• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

I think this is a fun song. The band includes Pacific Northwest music icon Calvin Johnson and Built to Spill's Doug Martsch. I like the weird vocal interplay. It's almost like there are two songs playing simultaneously.

Last edited:
I think this is a fun song. The band includes Pacific Northwest music icon Calvin Johnson and Built to Spill's Doug Martsch. I like the weird vocal interplay. It's almost like there are two songs playing simultaneously.

Interesting, kind of hard to listen to since I keep switching focus between the vocals. Reminds me a bit of the Flaming Lips.

Interesting, kind of hard to listen to since I keep switching focus between the vocals. Reminds me a bit of the Flaming Lips.
Yeah, the dueling vocals are trippy. Built to Spill has a version on their live release with only Doug singing which is a little less scattered but I kind of like the weird double vocal original.

This is a band that I find confounding. I've been trying for years to decide whether I like or dislike Dawes. Two things are for certain, they are great musicians and they do the neb-Laurel Canyon sound as well as anybody. Their rendition of Desperados Under the Eaves on Letterman gave me goosebumps.

I used to say the Pixies are my "all time favorite band" but I've listened to them so much that I burned myself out. No matter how much I listen to Joy Division, I never get tired of the music. I think they've unseated the Pixies as my all time fave. This is a good tune for reading the paper and having a Sunday morning expresso.

My family and I just started watching 13 Reason's Why on Netflix a couple of days ago. They used Love Will Tear us Apart in a scene and at the end credits of episode 1. The show is about a girl that commits suicide. I think they are trying to be ironic, but it may be lost on most teenagers.

One of the great living guitarist and one my favorites (solo work). Amazing solo album form a few years back that is mostly instrumental.

Great Flamenco as well as electric guitarist. Little of both in this song.

Last edited:
One of the great living guitarist and one my favorites (solo work). Amazing solo album form a few years back that is mostly instrumental.

Great flamingo as well as electric guitarist. Little of both in this song.

Flamingo or Flamenco? I think it's actually Flamenco in this case. I am digging this quite a bit.

Last edited:

Flamingo or Flamenco? I think it's actually Flamenco in this case. I am digging this quite a bit.

Yeah that is correct thanks. He has one solo album that is called Flamenco A Go Go that is amazing album of Flamenco instrumentals. The song you are listening to is from Memory Crash. Amazing player.

Yeah that is correct thanks. He has one solo album that is called Flamenco A Go Go that is amazing album of Flamenco instrumentals. The song you are listening to is from Memory Crash. Amazing player.
I will definitely have to check this out more on YouTube, I dig all kinds of music, but I really dig instrumentals. Thanks for posting this one.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back