• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

U.S. SOCCER PARTS WAYS WITH JURGEN KLINSMANN

4evrHusker

All Big 10
15 Year Member
U.S. SOCCER PARTS WAYS WITH JURGEN KLINSMANN

"CHICAGO (November 21, 2016) – U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati announced today that Jurgen Klinsmann has been relieved of his duties as head coach of the U.S. Men’s National Team and Technical Director for U.S. Soccer.

Gulati will conduct a media teleconference call Tuesday afternoon to discuss the change. Details will be announced in the near future........."

About damn time....... :Cheers:

Last edited:

I'm OK with this even though I think JK did a lot of good for USMNT. The last two losses were just huge.

A fresh face can work wonders, but the right hire has to be made.

Agree. The expectations were really high when he came in, probably higher than any of the previous coaches at the start of their respective tenures, but he didn't live up to those expectations when it was all said and done. In the end, the right move was probably made today.

At this point is there any other option besides Arena? I said before I wouldn't mind Sigi Shmidt, and honestly that might still be my first choice but I'm not sure they'll go that route.

For what he was being paid and the promises he made and failed to achieve it was the right decision. Should have been done after the Gold Cup fiasco last year. This gives us enough time to turn things around under Bruce for the rest of this WC cycle and then hire a good replacement to take over after that.

Frankly he will rank with Steve Sampson as one of two least successful coaches in the modern era of US Soccer.

Anyway time to move on and I agree the long term hire needs to be the right pick when it comes time to do so.

Agree. The expectations were really high when he came in, probably higher than any of the previous coaches at the start of their respective tenures, but he didn't live up to those expectations when it was all said and done. In the end, the right move was probably made today.

FWIW Gulati and Arena are not buddies....far from it so in that sense kudos to Gulati for doing the right thing today on both the firing and the hiring of Bruce.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back