• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

U.S. SOCCER PARTS WAYS WITH JURGEN KLINSMANN

Weaker than he found it pretty much sums up his five years...

Last edited:

CxZVxTsWIAAAo4j.jpg:large

Previous
Next
Pablo Maurer ‏@MLSist
By popular request, I've updated this list. The logic behind calling Klinsmann the worst #USMNT coach in the modern era. Read it and weep:

Last edited:
Well, it has happened, now in 3 cases JK has been fired. I know Arena is the short term choice, and am glad because I think it gives us a chance to see other people play who are not JK's faves, some who have not even had a chance to make a team or be called up.

My biggest thing with JK, and his outgoing comments confirm it, is he NEVER seems to have learned a thing. He has been fired from a top national team, a top club team, and now a place he could have become a hero, yet he goes out saying "people do not know soccer" GOOD RIDDANCE

I believe Arena has a chance to get a camp in and maybe a couple of friendlies to see where the team stands and I think we can now make the top 3 with ease. Let's be serious, this imo is the MOST talented US group of players we have ever had, some of them never even got called up, or never had a chance to play(see arrogance). I think Arena changes that, and I think we see some emphatic changes.

Bruce Arena is kind of "meh" for me. He's earned the ability to come in and fix things, sure, but I'm not completely enthused about him possibly leading the USMNT into another WC. For as great as the 2002 run was, the 2006 run was just as disappointing.

With that said, he'll get the USMNT into the top 3 (and I wasn't pessimistic on that with a JK-led team either), and should give the next coach a better foundation to build from.

What about Arena for the short term, & the old RSL coach, Jason Kries (?) for the long term? @Red Reign what are your, obviously unbiased thoughts? :p:Catfight::eek::Cheers:

Arena is the right choice for the short run. It was actually suggested that Bob Bradley might have been considered had he not been the coach for Swansea Ciry in the EPL. Bob has done extremely well for himself as we all know and I hope he is able to keep the Swans in the EPL.

Bruce has been there before knows CONCACAF and understands how to qualify in the Confederation. I also think the players will play hard for him and the youth we wanted to see more of will get a chance under him. Its only a short term deal which he is well aware of.

I just want the best coach possible to take over the USMNT starting in 2018. If that is Jason Kries then so be it. Hopefully we have a new head of US Soccer to make the decision as Gulati has no credibility after the last fiasco.

You and I have some long discussions off of this forum over the past 2-3 years and are pretty much in step with each other.

So I could not agree with you more. Arena is the right choice for the short run.

Bruce will put the best 11 on the field and he will take the best 23 to Russia in 2018. Yes youth will get a legitimate chance with him as will players who should have been on the team but were bypassed for the likes of Orzaco, Wondo and Castillo just to name a few.

Well, it has happened, now in 3 cases JK has been fired. I know Arena is the short term choice, and am glad because I think it gives us a chance to see other people play who are not JK's faves, some who have not even had a chance to make a team or be called up.

My biggest thing with JK, and his outgoing comments confirm it, is he NEVER seems to have learned a thing. He has been fired from a top national team, a top club team, and now a place he could have become a hero, yet he goes out saying "people do not know soccer" GOOD RIDDANCE

I believe Arena has a chance to get a camp in and maybe a couple of friendlies to see where the team stands and I think we can now make the top 3 with ease. Let's be serious, this imo is the MOST talented US group of players we have ever had, some of them never even got called up, or never had a chance to play(see arrogance). I think Arena changes that, and I think we see some emphatic changes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back