• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tanner Farmer

I'm really wanting to see this guy bust out. Bring some of that nastiness to the football field. Obviously, this guy has some abilities, time for those to shine.

I'm just hoping the wrestling doesn't set him back like last year, he has a lot of talent, so he should be fine.
Please elaborate on the underlined above. Specifically, please provide evidence that wrestling (specifically wrestling) "set him back". Anything that you could provide from the cited article would be particularly enlightening.

Last edited:
Please elaborate on the underlined above. Specifically, please provide evidence that wrestling (specifically wrestling) "set him back". Anything that you could provide from the cited article would be particularly enlightening.

I was wondering the same thing.

Last year Farmer lost nearly 40 pounds while getting in wrestling shape. During the season, he was injured twice, missing games. He did not play particularly well all year, even before the injuries. Naturally, he says that wrestling is great for him because he loves the sport and it seems to be the only way he can work hard enough to keep from getting fat. IMO, he lost too much weight and combine that with divided priorities (wrestling vs Football) and you get injuries and less than maximum play. It is hard to focus on 2 sports as well as school. The kid has lots of talent and, no doubt will be better this year, but that shouldn't be hard since last year didn't go all that well. BTW, if you guys want to believe the story that is being written about this, go right ahead, I just don't believe it.

Last edited:
Last year Farmer lost nearly 40 pounds while getting in wrestling shape. During the season, he was injured twice, missing games. He did not play particularly well all year, even before the injuries. Naturally, he says that wrestling is great for him because he loves the sport and it seems to be the only way he can work hard enough to keep from getting fat. IMO, he lost too much weight and combine that with divided priorities (wrestling vs Football) and you get injuries and less than maximum play. It is hard to focus on 2 sports as well as school. The kid has lots of talent and, no doubt will be better this year, but that shouldn't be hard since last year didn't go all that well.
This is among your stupidest quotes and you have had a lot of them. For instance had you read the actual article and not just the headline. You would have read that he did not lose weight this year and he just worked out with the team. Also there is 0 evidence that his working out with the wrestling team caused his injuries.

Last year Farmer lost nearly 40 pounds while getting in wrestling shape. During the season, he was injured twice, missing games. He did not play particularly well all year, even before the injuries. Naturally, he says that wrestling is great for him because he loves the sport and it seems to be the only way he can work hard enough to keep from getting fat. IMO, he lost too much weight and combine that with divided priorities (wrestling vs Football) and you get injuries and less than maximum play. It is hard to focus on 2 sports as well as school. The kid has lots of talent and, no doubt will be better this year, but that shouldn't be hard since last year didn't go all that well. BTW, if you guys want to believe the story that is being written about this, go right ahead, I just don't believe it.

Yes it is.

Which is why he chose not to compete and just practice with the wrestling team. Doing that allowed him to maintain his weight at 310 pounds.

C

Which is why he chose not to compete and just practice with the wrestling team. Doing that allowed him to maintain his weight at 310 pounds.

C
Didn't I read that he was 6-1 in open meets? I am on my phone so I really don't want to take the time to look it up. Or was that last year?

Last edited:

Didn't I read that he was 6-1 in open meets? I am on my phone so I really don't want to take the time to look it up. Or was that last year?

He went 5-1 last year I think, but didn't wrestle in meets this year. Wrestling at that level will help him improve his use of leverage and hand speed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back