• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

***, thoughts on the Troy game?

@ShortSideOption , you've typically done a recap thread after each game and it's one of the few must reads for me. I'm wondering if you're going to do the same this week. Thanks!
Honestly... I’m still trying to digest what has happened. The marketing ploy we were fed of 700+ pound squats making us better and a coach that was a guaranteed +2 in the win column is tough to constructively talk about without ruffling feathers.

Trying to figure out how to do that. Already having to give someone a dose of reality when they say frost wasn’t the one who dropped passes but failing to realize clock management and play calls are not on the players.

Honestly... I’m still trying to digest what has happened. The marketing ploy we were fed of 700+ pound squats making us better and a coach that was a guaranteed +2 in the win column is tough to constructively talk about without ruffling feathers.

Trying to figure out how to do that. Already having to give someone a dose of reality when they say frost wasn’t the one who dropped passes but failing to realize clock management and play calls are not on the players.
Which is a big reason I look forward to what you have to say. I know it comes from a place of knowledge and lose/respect for both the program and Frost.

People are quick to jump to the "what??!! You want him fired!??" card if one dares criticize Frost.

Frost gets a pass for Year 1. I don't like losing, but the reality is that we go could 0-12 and Frost would remain our coach. He probably gets a halfway pass for Year 2, as well.

Don't forget: Frost HATES TO LOSE. More than you do.

We'll get this thing figured out. I just hope we can maybe squeeze in a bowl game during the process.

***, do you have a good explanation for the poor performance by our offensive line? Is it correctable with the current players or we going to have to wait for a new group of linemen in a few years?
Personally, I was struck by the same miserable performance this past Saturday that we saw so many times last year. Bunch had three seconds to throw unless he rolled out. There were few holes for the backs, which made Washington’s skill set that much more valuable. Why keep a three back rotation when only one of them was successful?

People are quick to jump to the "what??!! You want him fired!??" card if one dares criticize Frost.

Frost is being defended like I've never seen an 0-2 coach defended before. Criticize Scott, and you risk being bludgeoned. As I've said previously, any other coach in this position, currently sitting at 0-2 -- and the pitchforks would out-number the defenders.

He has become the second coming of Christ to many. Umm, he's just a coach. He'll be a special coach if he can do special things -- but not before he does special things. Sure, I understand and respect patience. But you'd be better off digging up Devaney's corpse and spray painting it Longhorn burnt orange than trying your luck criticizing Frost right now.

It's been an interesting past four days of analyzing a side of Husker fan psychology that I've never quite seen before. It's one wacky fan base.

Last edited:
Frost is being defended like I've never seen an 0-2 coach defended before. Criticize Scott, and you risk being bludgeoned. As I've said previously, any other coach in this position, currently sitting at 0-2 -- and the pitchforks would out-number the defenders.

He has become the second coming of Christ to many. Umm, he's just a coach. He'll be a special coach if he can do special things -- but not before he does special things.

It's been an interesting past four days of analyzing a side of Husker fan psychology that I've never quite seen before. It's one wacky fan base.

I'll criticize him. He had a game plan going into the Troy game of "Dirtying the Game Up". It didn't work he then talked about how they were giving them the intermediate middle and outside runs and we didn't see it. Pull the trigger. The last scoring drive I was screaming at the TV, why was he running the ball? Six minutes left in the game and down by 11 is no time to be running the ball. He got too conservative in game plan and game in general. I think he really thought they could grind out a win. There is no excuse for taking a delay on a FG attempt. I know he owed that in his after game PC, but that 5 yards may have been the difference between the miss and make at 5 yards closer. I think it was that close.

Why haven't we seen more passing to the TE. How many passes did the TE catch in the spring game 12-13? How many have they caught in 2 games 3?

How is that for being critical.

With that being said, I still go back to missing out on that first game of the season. Missing that Akron game has hurt this teams Psyche. A good 21 point victory in that first game, which is what I am sure was going to happen was very important.

With that being said, I still go back to missing out on that first game of the season. Missing that Akron game has hurt this teams Psyche. A good 21 point victory in that first game, which is what I am sure was going to happen was very important.

Yeah, I'm with you on your takes. Except for this last part. How can we be sure that a 21-pt win over Akron would have happened? It might have happened. Or maybe Nebraska would have lost. Unlikely, but at this point, I can't discount it just because it didn't happen. Akron is 2-0 currently. They did beat Northwestern at Northwestern. Anyhow, doesn't really matter. We are 0-2 and there won't be an * next to it.

Ultimately, thought, I'm significantly more concerned about how this team will look in mid-November than mid-September.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back