• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Skunk ***DO NOT READ***

pancake_bunny.jpg
Wood.

Oh my. You are in quite a state. Yes, in the most basic terms Blackshirts are the starting D for NU, but it has morphed into much, much more than that as coaches and players from the 90's have indicated many times. But feel free to go with the basic premise for the purpose of your rant.

Team award...lol.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/97365-history-of-the-blackshirts-at-the-university-of-nebraska

The result was that not only did the defense improve, but the offense became more of a ball-control unit that led the country in time of possession and actually set the record for controlling the clock.

Also, just to make certain that the players were buying into Pelini’s concept, the Blackshirts were not given out at the start of the season as had been the normal practice.

Instead, Pelini did not award them until the 10th game of the season, Nov. 11, 2008, to be exact.

This sent a clear message to his team, that team awards such as the Blackshirts had to be earned; they were not just given out for the sake of it.

I'm not sure why you'd trash the tradition of excessive exclamation points. Heck, you used 10 in your response to me. And here is a sampling of titles of threads you have started since the end of the football season. Lots of exclamation points!!!!!!

Some PUNKS jumped me while I was fishing at my pond!
BOOOOM!
Well! Skunkson flew out of our nest today!
600's all sold out!
That there parking thread!
OK Ranger Fans!
At Gate 25 before the Penn St game today!
Here you go!
I called into the ticket office this afternoon!
Just got my new shirt!
When you know your coaching staff is on a roll!
What life is all about! Great Pic!
Chin's defense!
Another example of this new great staff!
I Skunk just came across this cool Christmas Story!
Yes Yes Yes! Bell!
Props to the selection committee!
Just Saying!
My I hope thread!
The only thing wrong with this hire!!
Any thread started on here that is already over two pages long!
25 years with this Gal!

I really don't know what your dog has to do with this. Did he also have an unwavering opinion about the Blackshirts that contradicts how former and current players and coaches feel about it?

Why would you post this? Weird!

C

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/97365-history-of-the-blackshirts-at-the-university-of-nebraska

The result was that not only did the defense improve, but the offense became more of a ball-control unit that led the country in time of possession and actually set the record for controlling the clock.

Also, just to make certain that the players were buying into Pelini’s concept, the Blackshirts were not given out at the start of the season as had been the normal practice.

Instead, Pelini did not award them until the 10th game of the season, Nov. 11, 2008, to be exact.

This sent a clear message to his team, that team awards such as the Blackshirts had to be earned; they were not just given out for the sake of it.

Good motivational tool the first couple years, by year 5 I feel it became a distraction. Be interesting to see that stats for the game after they are handed out. I remember a couple losses.

C

Good motivational tool the first couple years, by year 5 I feel it became a distraction. Be interesting to see that stats for the game after they are handed out. I remember a couple losses.

C
It was more in response to team award as many many many called it that

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back