• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Since Osborne, what game was the lowest low?

2001 Nebraska stumbles at sCUm ...... I thought fluke result. IMO, quickly recover, but you're right, I realized the beginning of the end after all.

Highest high since TO ?

2009 Holiday Bowl postgame on the field interview (NU 33 AZ 0) ...... Bo shouted, "Huskers' are back !" in national telecast viewers. Unfortunately, Husker hope was dashed.

I was at that game and thinking to myself..."Shut the hell up Bo, you are going to jinx it."

20976_1238324130296_8048046_n.jpg

C

Last edited:

I’d go with that. Our defensive genius head coach had no answers.
Our boat race loss to a pathetic Minnesota team in 2017 probably set the standard
2017 vs Minnesota. We were so bad that you knew we would not win another game that year. Our only hope was to fire “he who should not be mentioned as a Husker”. Ruined the rest of the year so it actually ruined three games.
Losing two straight to Minnesota at the end of Bo’s tenure was the final straw for me with him and a true sign of the program’s ceiling with him at the helm.

December 20, 2002 (Pederson hired)
November 30, 2003 (Solich fired)
October 4 2012 (Eichorst hired)
December 4, 2014 (Riley hired)

Kind of a tossup between those 4 dates.

The 01 CU game was probably the worst. However I attended that TAMU game in college station, it still sticks in my crawl

01 CU was the beginning of a long line of lows.

Losing at home to S Miss under Callahan was unbelievably ridiculously stupid. Could have run the ball up the middle on every offensive snap and won the game, but Billy insisted on throwing the ball when everyone in the stadium knew another interception was coming. That was agonizing to watch. It was like a 3 year old got on the NCAA football video game and played as Nebraska.

TTech was awful, so was the Kansas beatdown.

There have been so many terrible things to happen to Husker football over the last 18 years

I need to be done thinking about this thread :Banghead:

You guys are depressing me why did I even start this thread?
Good question.

Remember when the only doubt on Saturdays was how many TDs we would win by? Im sure glad my parents had me when they did and didnt wait a few years because I'd be too young to remember championship football.

My vote is Lubbock 2004. That game told me that everything that was Nebraska was now a distant memory.

Losing to Illinois and Purdue was pretty pathetic

The Big 10 championship game against Wisconsin ranks up with the Lubbock game in 2004. I can still see nightmares of the jet sweep as well as Melvin Gordon running all over us.

The lows kept coming, sometimes with increased frequency and often deeper each time... the loss to Illinois was probably the most egregious and unnecessary. Some of those games we simply were not the best team on the field and things got rolling and we got our butts kicked. The coaches just put kick me signs on our players backs. The Illinois game was all but won and Langsdork calls a goofy play that allowed his QB to make a dumb but instinctive decision.

Last edited:

I didn’t want to call him out but yeah. We almost had that one.

We more than almost had that one. Odds of winning had to be 99.9%, at the point he had caught the ball, for the first down. Still can't believe the UT defender dove UNDER Nunn, to knock the ball out. He eschewed making the tackle, to gamble on forcing a fumble. It's as if he knew where the ball was GOING TO BE. It all happens so fast, it has to be instinctual.

You could also say that game was lost on the opening kickoff, where we gave up a LONG return, inside our own 10. Held UT to a FG, but had we had good coverage, outcome may have been different.

That game kind of was indicative of BC's strategy for bigger games...hang around, manage game, keep it close, and go for it in the 4th qtr.

The snow flurries in the 4th qtr that game was awesome.

I was at that game and thinking to myself..."Shut the hell up Bo, you are going to jinx it."

20976_1238324130296_8048046_n.jpg

C

We were at that game. AZ fans were total voids, surrounded by sphincters.

It felt GOOOOOOOOOOOD to kick their ever-loving arses back to tuscon or whatever rock they crawled out from.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back