• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Satisfaction or 2nd thoughts?

So if he loses out next season to the kid that's playing very well for the Bevs does he transfer again? Simply saying he's going to have to earn it (I hope) or it would be pretty disruptive to that team.... Keller was all but handed the job by BC at Nebraska and we know how that worked out.

I do admit short of something unforeseen he wasn't going to displace AM....
Has he or anyone else implied he wasnt willing to earn the OSU job?

Has he or anyone else implied he wasnt willing to earn the OSU job?
Several here intimated he was the starting QB for Bevs next season.

I'm saying that is TBD...........

BTW no one answered my question if he's beat out does he transfer? If his only goal is to be a lock for starting QB then pick a school that is very QB poor. OSU has a pretty good looking soph for the first 2 games. Obviously have to see how he plays for the entire season...

Last edited:
Several here intimated he was the starting QB for Bevs next season.

I'm saying that is TBD...........

BTW no one answered my question if he's beat out does he transfer? If his only goal is to be a lock for starting QB then pick a school that is very QB poor. OSU has a pretty good looking soph for the first 2 games. Obviously have to see how he plays for the entire season...
Who said his only goal...or any goal...was "to be a lock for starter"? That's ignorant and insulting.

Who said his only goal...or any goal...was "to be a lock for starter"? That's ignorant and insulting.
If his goal wasn't to be the starter why transfer? I also said "IF" his goal.... So lets agree to disagree.......... Ignorant? Really.......

Last edited:

If his goal wasn't to be the starter why transfer? I also said "IF" his goal.... So lets agree to disagree.......... Ignorant? Really.......
"If his ONLY goal is to be a LOCK for starting qb...."

Your words. Not mine.

Last edited:
Knows he made the right decision. Kid isn’t going to reach his goals spot starting for an injury here and there or playing mop-up time.

Husker fan thinks he made the wrong decision. He did the right thing for him tho.
Leaving a program was never the problem. It was the timing of the decision to leave that was so disruptive. If Gebbia had wanted to leave because he felt like he wasn't a good fit for the new schemes, then he had ample opportunity to do that Dec-May. But 5 days before the first game isn't a team friendly decision. Perhaps I'm too old and don't understand this new generation, but my experience tells me Nebraska will never be a competitive football team until they play together as a team. That means they have to be committed to each other even when things don't work out just the way one wants it to. Maybe this is an indictment on our society today as well...

Leaving a program was never the problem. It was the timing of the decision to leave that was so disruptive. If Gebbia had wanted to leave because he felt like he wasn't a good fit for the new schemes, then he had ample opportunity to do that Dec-May. But 5 days before the first game isn't a team friendly decision. Perhaps I'm too old and don't understand this new generation, but my experience tells me Nebraska will never be a competitive football team until they play together as a team. That means they have to be committed to each other even when things don't work out just the way one wants it to. Maybe this is an indictment on our society today as well...
He wasn’t a bad fit for the new scheme until he was chosen to not be the starter.

lol @ another Gebbia thread.

Martinez is very likely starting next week, as it's his team. If Gebbia would have still been here today -- and performed well in leading NU to a win over Troy -- he'd be back on the bench in Ann Arbor. That's how it is, and he did just fine in making his decision to transfer. I wish him well at Oregon State, where he'll have an opportunity to start in a system that fits him best. If you feel you have starting ability, it simply wasn't here for him at Nebraska, barring injuries to Martinez. And even then, it would be no more than a fill-in role until Martinez was healthy again. Yeah, sure, if Martinez were to get hurt for an extended period and/or a career ending injury, doors would have opened. But that's foolish for anyone to have to wait for that to happen. It's his life. He did what he feels is best, and I'll bet he's not looking back nearly to the level that many Nebraska fans cling onto.

So none of the Gebbia decision defenders criticized Crouch when he ran back to Omaha after not being named a starter as a RFr?

... how about EC's change of heart?

just curious

--
as to the initial post/question... does TG feel villified? & more importantly, if he HAD slept on it and stayed, do we have a win (or two?) with him at the helm?

Last edited:

He wasn’t a bad fit for the new scheme until he was chosen to not be the starter.
That was my point. Gebbia made the decision to stay in the program/scheme during the winter and summer to try and win the starting job. Ostensibly, he felt that he was a good enough fit in that scheme to have a chance to be successful in it. As soon as he lost the starting position, he bolted. If he had left earlier, the team could have pursued other QB options. IMO, the timing of his departure just isn't reconcilable with a team first culture that Nebraska will need to have to be successful. Selfish behavior is detrimental to the whole. I guess, it's not really worth debating further as he's gone and the QB room is what it is. Just trying to make a point about the importance of unselfish behavior on the roster and how it can derail a teams goals very quickly.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back