• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Riley’s Reflections on Nebraska

I think blaming Riley is misplaced. The blame falls on Eichorst. Riley should never have been hired in the first place. I don't think MR tried to purposely damage the program. He jumped at a big opportunity like most of us would do and then he proceeded to do what he's always done. Unfortunately it was WAY BELOW our standards.

I'm just glad Frost is here now.
Good post. It is all about where we are right now and right now is good.

He deserves a statue. Because of him, we have SF & the future has not looked brighter in a long, long time. Thank you MR!

I think blaming Riley is misplaced. The blame falls on Eichorst. Riley should never have been hired in the first place. I don't think MR tried to purposely damage the program. He jumped at a big opportunity like most of us would do and then he proceeded to do what he's always done. Unfortunately it was way below OUR standards.

I'm just glad Frost is here now.
I have certainly agreed in the past that Eichorst was to be blamed for the hiring or MR and some of the things that were tied to his 3 year tenure here. But I'm not going to overlook the incompetence of the part of his job he was responsible for. Do I blame him as a person or think he is a nice guy? Yes. But most people here are concentrating on his coaching performance.

Regardless of the outcome of his years here, he doesn't deserve the vitriol I've seen spewed on here about him. He is a gentleman and handled all the turmoil with grace and dignity. I truly believe he loved being here, and NOT just the money. I don't think he had ever been in an organization with the kind of fan support there is for NU. And his contributions to the program exist off the field - especially how he gave his love to the Foltz family as they grieved. Time for RDS (Riley Derangement Syndrome) to end.
Go get a similar quote from FHCBP or FHCBC. You won't ... because they are petty, self-involved narcissists. Having endure all three regimes I'd much prefer FHCMR.

I personally believe much of FHCMR's failure belongs to attached to FADSE.

Go get a similar quote from FHCBP or FHCBC. You won't ... because they are petty, self-involved narcissists. Having endure all three regimes I'd much prefer FHCMR.

I personally believe much of FHCMR's failure belongs to attached to FADSE.

You are right. Very different personalities. All had their flaws. Only MR left here with class.

Klaatu barada nikto
tumblr_pglkmql0SS1tdkro1o2_250.gif

And how long have we held onto Bo Derangment Syndrome? Just saying its going to take some time depending on what side of the fence you were on.
You are right. Very different personalities. All had their flaws. Only MR left here with class.
Have to agree with @MyBraska, leaving with class and dignity will tend to endear you with fans. Saying F those fair weather fans. Then telling the players they would be better off leaving the program after being fired. Tends to make fans resent any thought of you.

“At the end of the day, what you gotta sit there and think is, ‘This is how many years I got left. These ought to be the best years of my life.’ And if I don’t think it’s going to be that way in this place, then you shouldn’t stay.
“At the end of the day, what you gotta sit there and think is, ‘This is how many years I got left. These ought to be the best years of my life.’ And if I don’t think it’s going to be that way in this place, then you shouldn’t stay.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back