• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Revealing interview with Gates

Those involved in the Kenny Bell sub-thread discussion will find this entertaining: https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?threads/kenny-bell-has-shaved-his-afro.61055/page-10

I missed that and so went back to find that and found what he said: "... I wasn't buying in to my technique." So yes, it certainly was interesting. Taking things out of context can be misleading ------ sometimes.

Wouldn't his technique be what the coaches are teaching him? Or is Nick a coach in waiting and teaching himself?

Wouldn't his technique be what the coaches are teaching him? Or is Nick a coach in waiting and teaching himself?
You are correct...he seems to be criticizing himself for not following the coaching instructions after he was switched to LT last year.

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that he can never be a good team leader because of his hair.
af1ef238d84adeec200d4e8078444afc--nebraska-football-nebraska-cornhuskers.jpg

Kenny Bell sucked as a team leader because he wasn't a leader at all, just a showboater. His hair was part of his natural showboating persona, all designed to draw attention to himself over anything else. He jumped in front of the camera's, and into controversy at every opportunity...all while leaving leadership to others. A very selfish guy. Gates has not followed in the KB mold at all. Though I'm not sure he wants to be a leader on the team, he's certainly not a showboater and doesn't make his comments with the intention of stirring controversy. He'd likely be a fine leader if he worked to that goal. And his hair? It's the same way I wore mine when I was his age, so that's running in his favor too.

Lol GFoA, I hear ya on the hair, and will add that it's the way I wear my hair still to this day.

I remember back in the day when our offensive linemen shaved their heads! Now that is buy-in!
I often wonder if how the Blackshirts would shave their heads and make it mandatory if you were a starter could even work these days? I don't think it could.

Also interesting that there's no cliques anymore like Rose-Ivey and Kondolo said in 2015.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back