• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Revealing interview with Gates

Greatest Fan of All

The Legend
10 Year Member

Not "revealing" in the sense that he seems to be standing there naked, but rather in the things he says in the interview:

Sam tries to bait him into making a comment about Cav "changing/adjusting," but Gates basically says the players have adjusted this year and that they love Cav.

Sip tries to get Gates to say that he could be further along development-wise but gets a surprise when Gates says the opposite, that he didn't think (when he was a freshman) he'd be starting until now. Likes where he is at and looking forward to this year and next.

Gates seems to make a very strong endorsement of the offense and his new QB's abilities. Indicates that he is stronger than ever, more confident and bought in, and he compliments his backup. He also makes a strong assessment of the team's new unity and indicates interestingly that there are "no cliques this year."

Last edited:

He needs to buy in to the weight training program and maybe keep his shirt on until he has visible muscles. His technique must be outstanding.

Good interview but I want to know who the clown was that called him Tanner. Like your job is to cover the Huskers and you call Nick by the wrong name? Seriously?

C

He needs to buy in to the weight training program and maybe keep his shirt on until he has visible muscles. His technique must be outstanding.

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

C

Really?? The guy has definitely beefed up since last year and he looks like most lineman, if not in better shape. They usually aren't ripped like you suggest.

Also interesting was the comment about there being 'cliques' in the past and they hadn't come together as a team. It's great to hear they have now!

Not "revealing" in the sense that he seems to be standing there naked, but rather in the things he says in the interview:

Sam tries to bait him into making a comment about Cav "changing/adjusting," but Gates basically says the players have adjusted this year and that they love Cav.

Sip tries to get Gates to say that he could be further along development-wise but gets a surprise when Gates says the opposite, that he didn't think (when he was a freshman) he'd be starting until now. Likes where he is at and looking forward to this year and next.

Gates seems to make a very strong endorsement of the offense and his new QB's abilities. Indicates that he is stronger than ever, more confident and bought in, and he compliments his backup. He also makes a strong assessment of the team's new unity and indicates interestingly that there are "no cliques this year."

It's unfortunate that he can never be a good team leader because of his hair.

mb... you serious? watch the video again and pay special attention to the huge swollen area above his shoulder next to his neck.... THAT is not normal unless you're painted green.
Yes, I noticed his traps are HUGE. He's put on a lot of good weight since the beginning of last year. He could be dominant especially with the other players being upgraded as well.

It's unfortunate that he can never be a good team leader because of his hair.
It's a joke based on what someone (won't say who ;)) once said about Kenny Bell because of his 'fro.
Kenny Bell sucked as a team leader because he wasn't a leader at all, just a showboater. His hair was part of his natural showboating persona, all designed to draw attention to himself over anything else. He jumped in front of the camera's, and into controversy at every opportunity...all while leaving leadership to others. A very selfish guy. Gates has not followed in the KB mold at all. Though I'm not sure he wants to be a leader on the team, he's certainly not a showboater and doesn't make his comments with the intention of stirring controversy. He'd likely be a fine leader if he worked to that goal. And his hair? It's the same way I wore mine when I was his age, so that's running in his favor too.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back