• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Packers interested in Fitzgerald

As a Packer and Husker fan this would be a win-win for me. I think he’d do a great job as coach of the Packers. Green Bay is more like a college team than any other NFL program.

Hurts NW too.
I am not a Packer fan at all, in fact I am a Lions fan, but I am a Husker fan and a Packer Shareholder.........so, yes, I can buy Packer Owner stuff.:nod::Biggrin:

2.5 mil is chump change for the Packers. Could see them offering him 5 million with a 4 year contract. The Packer HC job is just a tad more noteable then Northwestern to put it mildly. I think there's a good chance Fitz might take the job if offered since he's also friends with their CEO.

"Packers CEO and president Mark Murphy was Northwestern's athletic director when Fitzgerald was hired as the head coach at his alma mater in 2006."

If Fitz does interview then he's probably interested in the job or why bother? He's a very good coach and I wouldn't miss him coaching in the BIG even a little bit...........

I think the only way Fitzgerald doesn't go to Green Bay is if they decide they don't want him.

I didn't say always. I don't think it's a great fit for him, because is a huge rah rah guy, the only one above I can think of that was a real rah rah guy was Pete Carroll. I don't have the time to list all the one's who weren't successful. I guess #1 on my list would be Saban #2 Spurrier. If I find time to research more, I can better debate with you
I disagree that Fitz in a big rah rah type of coach. Yes he gets exercised during a game but that doesn't make him a rah rah type of coach. He describes himself as a pragmatist and realist about where NW is going to be in college football pecking order. I think he's a no nonsense extremely bright individual that's a great organizer. Exactly what the Pack needs to get the Green Bay franchise back on track.

If he takes an interview then imo he's very interested in the job..........

2.5 mil is chump change for the Packers. Could see them offering him 5 million with a 4 year contract. The Packer HC job is just a tad more noteable then Northwestern to put it mildly. I think there's a good chance Fitz might take the job if offered since he's also friends with their CEO.

"Packers CEO and president Mark Murphy was Northwestern's athletic director when Fitzgerald was hired as the head coach at his alma mater in 2006."

If Fitz does interview then he's probably interested in the job or why bother? He's a very good coach and I wouldn't miss him coaching in the BIG even a little bit...........
Per bolded because being a coach who is considered to be at the top of his game (at least at this moment) getting his name mentioned for other coaching jobs USUALLY means that his current school will renegotiate his contract and he will get a HUGE raise. Look at some of the coaches who threw Nebraska's name out there (I think after we fired Solich, maybe after Callahan) and look at the instant raises they got...just by saying Nebraska was interested in interviewing them.

Per bolded because being a coach who is considered to be at the top of his game (at least at this moment) getting his name mentioned for other coaching jobs USUALLY means that his current school will renegotiate his contract and he will get a HUGE raise. Look at some of the coaches who threw Nebraska's name out there (I think after we fired Solich, maybe after Callahan) and look at the instant raises they got...just by saying Nebraska was interested in interviewing them.
If he stays you can bet Fitz is going to get a huge raise which imo he deserves....

I disagree that Fitz in a big rah rah type of coach. Yes he gets exercised during a game but that doesn't make him a rah rah type of coach. He describes himself as a pragmatist and realist about where NW is going to be in college football pecking order. I think he's a no nonsense extremely bright individual that's a great organizer. Exactly what the Pack needs to get the Green Bay franchise back on track.

If he takes an interview then imo he's very interested in the job..........

Sounds like you're close to him or a Packer fan who really wants him. My opinion is that it's not a fit for him, but I could be wrong, just like you could be wrong. I assume he's been approached before, he is a good coach.

Sounds like you're close to him or a Packer fan who really wants him. My opinion is that it's not a fit for him, but I could be wrong, just like you could be wrong. I assume he's been approached before, he is a good coach.
Nope never met him but respect him as a coach. For the record I'm a life long Pats fan. We'll just have to wait and see as you say because it's just opinions around here.... :nod:

Cou
Not always true. Has there ever been a head coach who went from a college to become a NFL head coach and succeed?
1. Bill Walsh
2. Pete Carroll
3. tom coughlin
4. Jimmy Johnson
5. Marv Levy
6. Dennis Green

Nope I guess not.
Coughlin the most underrated of the list.

2C33736A-3243-4863-B946-5FFE2BE017BF.jpeg
Maybe that settles that....

I still think he talks to them if for no other reason that to negotiate a better salary at his destination school.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back