• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Packers interested in Fitzgerald

Not always true. Has there ever been a head coach who went from a college to become a NFL head coach and succeed?
1. Bill Walsh
2. Pete Carroll
3. tom coughlin
4. Jimmy Johnson
5. Marv Levy
6. Dennis Green

Nope I guess not.

Switzer

ESPN article says that the current Packers General Manager is the former Northwestern AD who hired Fitzgerald in 2006.
Could be a factor?

As a Packer and Husker fan this would be a win-win for me. I think he’d do a great job as coach of the Packers. Green Bay is more like a college team than any other NFL program.

Hurts NW too.

You are one of my favorite people. Go Pack Go (next season, may we have a healthy team). Go Big Red.:)

I’ll eat 12 pancakes if he goes. I don’t see that as his personality.

I agree, I think Fitzgerald is a good fit in Evanston. I think he stays.

However, if I am wrong and he goes to Green Bay, may I suggest a restaurant in Sioux Falls, SD (can't remember the name of the place, but will find out if necessary) that made the best blueberry pancakes. Each one was 12" in diameter (filled an entire dinner plate) and loaded with blueberries. Best ever!!!!! 3 pancakes made an entire meal so that I didn't need to eat the rest of the day.

Unfortunately, that was almost 30 years ago (the days of never meeting a buffet I didn't like, or getting my money's worth out of a buffet. Ah, the good ol' days.). The restaurant may be out of business, or worse, shrunk the pancakes down to snack size.

2.5 mil is chump change for the Packers. Could see them offering him 5 million with a 4 year contract. The Packer HC job is just a tad more noteable then Northwestern to put it mildly. I think there's a good chance Fitz might take the job if offered since he's also friends with their CEO.

"Packers CEO and president Mark Murphy was Northwestern's athletic director when Fitzgerald was hired as the head coach at his alma mater in 2006."

If Fitz does interview then he's probably interested in the job or why bother? He's a very good coach and I wouldn't miss him coaching in the BIG even a little bit...........

Last edited:
Not always true. Has there ever been a head coach who went from a college to become a NFL head coach and succeed?
1. Bill Walsh
2. Pete Carroll
3. tom coughlin
4. Jimmy Johnson
5. Marv Levy
6. Dennis Green

Nope I guess not.

I didn't say always. I don't think it's a great fit for him, because is a huge rah rah guy, the only one above I can think of that was a real rah rah guy was Pete Carroll. I don't have the time to list all the one's who weren't successful. I guess #1 on my list would be Saban #2 Spurrier. If I find time to research more, I can better debate with you

1. Bill Walsh
2. Pete Carroll
3. tom coughlin
4. Jimmy Johnson
5. Marv Levy
6. Dennis Green

Nope I guess not.

Ok, here goes my counter list:

1. Nick Saban
2. Steve Spurrier
3. Bobby Petrino
4. Dennis Ericksen
5. Lou Holtz
6. Butch Davis
7. Mike Riley, lol

I know someone mentioned Switzer, but he was way more successful in college and I would argue even though he won one Super Bowl, he wasn't a fit in the NFL.

1. Nick Saban
2. Steve Spurrier
3. Bobby Petrino
4. Dennis Ericksen
5. Lou Holtz
6. Butch Davis
7. Mike Riley, lol

I know someone mentioned Switzer, but he was way more successful in college and I would argue even though he won one Super Bowl, he wasn't a fit in the NFL.

Add two more to the list:

8. Ted Tollner
9. John McCay

1. Nick Saban
2. Steve Spurrier
3. Bobby Petrino
4. Dennis Ericksen
5. Lou Holtz
6. Butch Davis
7. Mike Riley, lol

So just like everything else it depends on the guy

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back