• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked OL 4* Tyrone Sampson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time imagining that a kid would pick a mid major over a power 5 team, unless, he simply wants to be closer to home. Even then why wouldn't UM, MSU be more of a factor? It doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess we will see. Maybe he gets a visit here in the next few days?

I have a hard time imagining that a kid would pick a mid major over a power 5 team, unless, he simply wants to be closer to home. Even then why wouldn't UM, MSU be more of a factor? It doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess we will see. Maybe he gets a visit here in the next few days?
I would again say, if you look at his offers (didn't get offered by certain home state schools), his talent level (kid is a beast), and who he is down to (legitimately WMU being a finalist), there is something else goes on. Many times that points to academics or other issues.

I would again say, if you look at his offers (didn't get offered by certain home state schools), his talent level (kid is a beast), and who he is down to (legitimately WMU being a finalist), there is something else goes on. Many times that points to academics or other issues.
Agreed.

But if/when Bell commits, I think the door likely closes on Sampson anyways.

CB from Wiltfong to Western Michigan tonight. Curious if anyone knows the connection for Sampson

So the CB says NU on Wednesday and WMU on Thursday? Does this count as an incorrect or correct prediction? The CB silliness is purely clickbait for the services. It has become an even more imaginary evaluation than the star changes due to who is offering a player.

So the CB says NU on Wednesday and WMU on Thursday? Does this count as an incorrect or correct prediction? The CB silliness is purely clickbait for the services. It has become an even more imaginary evaluation than the star changes due to who is offering a player.

Would be interesting if switching CBs were factored in as a separate percentage.

One could argue Wiltfong is the best at switching his CB before a guy actually signs. That said, the dude is in the know for sure, and the uncertainty of CB predictions is a direct correlation of dealing with 18-19 year old kids.

Last edited:
Would be interesting if switching CBs were factored in as a separate percentage.

One could argue Wiltfong is the best at switching his CB before a guy actually signs. That said, the dude is in the know for sure, and the uncertainty of CB predictions is a direct correlation of dealing with 18-19 year old kids.

Completely agree, which is why the whole CB thing is for purely entertainment purposes.

At UCF scott took some chances on high end guys that were academic risks that other schools backed off from. Paid off big time with a couple dudes. If it’s between us and WMU, that could be the case?

With the recent switch in some CB's to WMU, I'm thinking you're right.

Agreed.

But if/when Bell commits, I think the door likely closes on Sampson anyways.

JMPO, of course, but if academics were in order and he wants in, Sampson is a take regardless of numbers. That kid is a heckuva interior prospect. I think he's a talent you take in a transition class when you are just trying to add talent and upgrade a roster wherever you can.

If that's where he wants to go, kudos to him. Like most though, I suspect something else is at play and it's not a "want to go to WMU" as opposed to have to go there.

For giggles lets say it is academics, would he not be better off going to a juco, getting the grades up and then getting a p5 offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back