• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Okie Light/LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

so if OSU moves up to #2, and plays LSU for the title, does the BCS "work"?

A compelling argument could be made for OSU. Unfortunately, the media will not allow that to happen.

so if OSU moves up to #2, and plays LSU for the title, does the BCS "work"?

no.

okie state deserves it more than alabama (or stanford or boise state)... but that's all in my opinion. doesn't mean okie state is one of the two best teams -- but it would be the "best" result in what is a highly subjective system.

We leave the conference and the first year they let Okie Lite win it. Last time they won outright looks to be 1926 by my quick look. They tied'76.

I don't know which conf they were in from 28-58, but they got a couple conference champs then it would seem.

Last edited:

A compelling argument could be made for OSU. Unfortunately, the media will not allow that to happen.

the media doesn't have much say -- since the AP poll is not part of the equation.

okie state was ranked below stanford and virginia tech in the two human polls. they will obviously jump vatech... but it may depend on if the pollsters are wise enough to jump okie state over stanford (i think they will be)... that will make it very, very close with the cowboys and tide. now, if the pollsters also jump okie state over alabama, they'll be in -- but that is nearly impossible to predict. or maybe the computers will flip okie state (#3) and alabama (#2). if there was every a final set of polls that meant a ton, this is it -- right, wrong, or otherwise.

We leave the conference and the first year they let Okie Lite win it. Last time they won outright looks to be 1926 by my quick look. They tied'76.

I don't know which conf they were in from 28-58, but they got a couple conference champs then it would seem.

missouri valley then independent ... before joining the big 8 in 1960.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back