• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ohio State and Title IX

You’d have to ask OSU. If everyone else had knowledge, they also had the obligation to report. And the person that the report was mandated to be given to was the appropriate Title IX person. Not the AD or anyone else.

There’s also the “the buck stops here” thing.
Well it sounds to me like they are missing about a dozen reports then because evidently all the "wives" knew which we have to assume they all told their husbands because we are assuming UM wife told him everything. And since someone told the AD he should have been filing a separate report too. Now obviously this isn't practical that a dozen reports be filed so I'm wondering why it was UM's fault and not his wife's, one of the assistants or the AD.

Lighten up, Francis. Urban Meyer had a duty to report a crime. He apparently didn’t do this. The idea of Title IX is to protect individuals and prohibit discrimination. It shouldn’t affect you personally that Urban didn’t do his job. Anyone who is a state employee, from elementary teachers to coaches of monster college sports programs know they have a duty to report. Urban must have felt he was above this. Guess what? He’s not.
Urban NOW says he did report. Well if he did why did he lie at B1G Media days? And why was he put on leave if he had done the correct thing? They are trying to recreate a narrative and hope we are all just stupid.

Urban NOW says he did report. Well if he did why did he lie at B1G Media days? And why was he put on leave if he had done the correct thing? They are trying to recreate a narrative and hope we are all just stupid.
My guess is if he reported it he said it was no big deal and the wife was crazy and I bet he never told them about what happened in Florida.

You are quoting a child abuse regulation. As I said I don't like it at the adult level. Many others are trying to call this a sexual misconduct case under title IX. I believe that in many cases some of those the victims are powerless. This isn't one of those cases as she was reporting it. The issue here was the failure on the police to either recognize it or the accurate reporting. The University, the AD and the Head coach are getting drug into this. Exchange the name of the them with Bill Moos, Scott Frost and the University of Nebraska and a lot of opinions change. Some would say Scott Frost would never hire someone like that or the University wouldn't let it happen. Well lets not forget retaining Keith Williams and the hiring of a very controversial Ron Brown. All I'm saying is I don't like how institutions and individuals are pulled in by laws requiring them to report. It has shifted a lot of responsibility onto them.

Good point and checking me on that. I have worked with kids so you are correct that the mandatory reporting I mentioned applies only to children and vulnerable adults. I didn't think about domestic violence laws with adults. In Nebraska it appears to not apply. I would still maintain the position that it is important for public institutions to have mandatory reporting policies to protect the victim because of the known vulnerability and powerlessness in such situations. I feel impelled to add that reporting and judgment are two separate issues. The legal system should be allowed to play out and we shouldn't assume guilt for alleged offenders before they have the opportunity to defend themselves. I've read in other threads about this issue, and I don't believe in the practice of 'guilty before proven innocent' which has been the case in some situations.

Last edited:
Well it sounds to me like they are missing about a dozen reports then because evidently all the "wives" knew which we have to assume they all told their husbands because we are assuming UM wife told him everything. And since someone told the AD he should have been filing a separate report too. Now obviously this isn't practical that a dozen reports be filed so I'm wondering why it was UM's fault and not his wife's, one of the assistants or the AD.

Based on what you've said, and I don't know the specifics, the AD, UM, and his wife as a nurse would be at fault. Because by either state law or university policy they were required to report the abuse. All 3 could easily be reprimanded/fired/ and or sued depending on the university/state statutes on how to handle such situations. I'm not a legal expert so IDK. My assumption is that UM survives somehow based on his winning record and history.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back