• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ohio St vs Nebraska - Game #2 of B10 Tourney - 1:00 central

As opposed to coaches who have said opposite of that? Nowhere did I ever say he would endanger him, in fact I said he would be on a strict pitch count...

He did a game simulation yesterday in practice....

You misunderstood. Sorry. Not implying anything. I just meant, Darin would hold back a lot, so he doesn't further injure himself. :)

Last edited:

Just heard on BTN game:

10,400 + for the whole day at Ameritrade!!!

:welcome2:

That is nearly double the entire attendance of last year's tournament. I understand that no final decision has been made, but I can't believe that the Big Ten is considering moving the tournament back to Minneapolis.

You miss understood. Sorry. Not implying anything. I just meant, Darin would hold back a lot, so he doesn't further injure himself. :)

Apologies, I thought you were implying that I was stating since it's tourney and regional time they are going to throw him no matter what. Sounds like his simulated game went pretty well which was on Tuesday. Which could mean that we possibly could see him Saturday or Sunday. Or they just wait until regionals....

I left in the top of the ninth to beat rush hour traffic and missed all of the excitement......glad we won though! Got to my car just in time to listen to the comeback. One thing that really surprised me was the lack of preparation by the Big Ten? Or maybe it was whoever manages the ballpark, I have no idea, but they only two concessions open inside the ball park. Who wants to stand in line for a half hour plus when they came to watch a ball game. I didn't have time to eat after I left work around 11:30 so needless to say I was pretty annoyed. They clearly were not expecting the turnout they got for this game which is mind boggling......but anyways....Go Huskers!

Roger DIxon.. head of Meca was on KFAB this AM and the only reason he cound give is that Omaha is not known for a walk up crowd. POOR THis is all on MECA First there were over 5K all session tickets sold. If the majority of these came two stands is not enough. To not expect a walk up crowd for the Husker games is crazy. May want to go to the Husker games and not the complete tourny.

I also saw reports that the ticket lines were long to get in for the walk up people. The line was still over 30 min into the second inning.

If they are comparing it to the CWS that is a poor comparison since all the tickets are sold in advance. But if you compare it to other events like a CU / NU baseball game or a swim trial event at the CLink that is not sold out in advance there is a large amount of walk up.

MECA just needs to admit they screwed up and save face on bad excuses.

Roger DIxon.. head of Meca was on KFAB this AM and the only reason he cound give is that Omaha is not known for a walk up crowd. POOR THis is all on MECA First there were over 5K all session tickets sold. If the majority of these came two stands is not enough. To not expect a walk up crowd for the Husker games is crazy. May want to go to the Husker games and not the complete tourny.

I also saw reports that the ticket lines were long to get in for the walk up people. The line was still over 30 min into the second inning.

If they are comparing it to the CWS that is a poor comparison since all the tickets are sold in advance. But if you compare it to other events like a CU / NU baseball game or a swim trial event at the CLink that is not sold out in advance there is a large amount of walk up.

MECA just needs to admit they screwed up and save face on bad excuses.

Agree. Just no excuse for what happened yesterday. Luckily I got my tickets in March, but I felt bad for those walking up. A buddy got there at 12:45 and didn't get through the ticket line until 1:30. And the concessions were a joke. On a hot day they lost thousands in revenue by not having enough open stands. Don't know how they couldn't anticipate a decent crowd--good weather and the Huskers playing. How hard is that to figure out what would happen?

Agree. Just no excuse for what happened yesterday. Luckily I got my tickets in March, but I felt bad for those walking up. A buddy got there at 12:45 and didn't get through the ticket line until 1:30. And the concessions were a joke. On a hot day they lost thousands in revenue by not having enough open stands. Don't know how they couldn't anticipate a decent crowd--good weather and the Huskers playing. How hard is that to figure out what would happen?

I waited in line for 3 full innings to get something to drink. Luckily, that was early while OSU was scoring their runs. What what's MECA thinking? At least the crowd was polite to the vendors--I didn't see anyone venting their frustrations on the poor folks working in the concession stands.

I was doing a fair amount of that harassing, Bob. My seat was directly on home plate, within hearing distance of that guy. HIs zone was bad all day. Very inconsistent. We got hosed some, and we got some calls. Crowd was loud in the 9th, from the walk of Miller to the end. Very fun environment. Top 20 Husker moment ever (in about 50 years of games).

I was behind home plate as we'll. that home plate umpire has surely had better days. His zone was wildly inconsistent, especially the inside corner for RH hitters.

I waited in line for 3 full innings to get something to drink. Luckily, that was early while OSU was scoring their runs. What what's MECA thinking? At least the crowd was polite to the vendors--I didn't see anyone venting their frustrations on the poor folks working in the concession stands.

That kind of customer service could keep Omaha from getting the bid again for awhile. :mad:

That is nearly double the entire attendance of last year's tournament. I understand that no final decision has been made, but I can't believe that the Big Ten is considering moving the tournament back to Minneapolis.

OMG, are you serious? They couldn't sell enought tickets to pay for the printer! What a joke!

Seeing those stands, during the game, was disgusting, and embarrassing for the conference.

One would have to be stupid, in fact, to not have it all the time, in Omaha.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back