• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Offensive Line

Yes, whenever you read an article about the greatest athletes of all time, sumo wrestlers, shot putters, and offensive linemen are always at or near the top of the list.

:confused:
How about gymnasts?

rVKGl8v.jpg

Yes, whenever you read an article about the greatest athletes of all time, sumo wrestlers, shot putters, and offensive linemen are always at the top of the list.

:confused:
They are certainly among the strongest in the world. For the record Sumo wrestlers are actually very quick.

I would also say after watching your video. I am pretty sure that every D1 OL, Shot putter and Sumo wrestler could beat you in a 10 meter dash.

Elite Athleticism? You can't be serious.

Bottom Line: If you are running with the football to the end zone for a for a touchdown... and there is only one opposing player between you and the goal line....the 1st player you would want it to be is an offensive lineman...every day and twice on Sunday.

At the 2017 UCF camp I watched UCFs 20 offensive linemen going through drills. It was almost pitiful.

They would take 4 steps sideways to their left... then stop...and then take 4 steps sideways to their right and stop again. They would repeat this about 10 times and then rest.

It was like watching a toddler leanring how to walk. IMHO, it was the complete antithesis of athleticism.

If it wasn't for football, how would the 6"5" 320 offensive line type guy demonstrate his elite athleticism?

Through ice skating?
I don't know about elite athleticism (though some certainly do) but in HS I had a OL that went to USC decleat me and knocked me into another space time continuum. Granted I was fielding a high bouncing punt, but I ran a track timed 4.59 from the gun, not when you start lol.

Let me say for sure that this guy could catch a lot of people.
jets_long.jpg

Stood right next to him 2 years ago. Not a lot of fat on this guy. As a matter of fact when he came out to talk to the youth team I coach. The mother's (most in their mid 20s. were commenting on what a nice butt he had.

Bottom Line: If you are running with the football to the end zone for a for a touchdown... and there is only one opposing player between you and the goal line....the 1st player you would want it to be is an offensive lineman...every day and twice on Sunday.

At the 2017 UCF camp I watched UCFs 20 offensive linemen going through drills. It was almost pitiful.

They would take 4 steps sideways to their left... then stop...and then take 4 steps sideways to their right and stop again. They would repeat this about 10 times and then rest.

It was like watching a toddler leanring how to walk. IMHO, it was the complete antithesis of athleticism.

If it wasn't for football, how would the 6"5" 320 offensive line type guy demonstrate his elite athleticism?

Through ice skating?
So you are telling me that Zack Martin isn't an elite athlete, or how about Tyron Smith, Lane Johnson, Larry Allen, Joe Thomas etc.... Your skewed UCF camp session is hardly representative of a position you have never played, nor played directly against. Are they going to be as agile, likely not, but can they still have very fast first steps, while combining that with an immense amount of strength, absolutely. I don't get how you fail to grasp the traits, toughness and athleticism required to do what they do and claim to have any experience at higher level football. To be able to move that much weight that quickly and generate that much force over that small of an area takes an incredible amount of athleticism. No one doubts Kevin Durant is an athlete but if he was chasing me (long strides, fast, agile, etc... and Richie Incognito was chasing me you better believe I hope it's Durant...the guy couldn't even bench a single rep of 225) You cherry picking agility and speed as the only requirements for athleticism show that you really are talking out of your backside and just doing your usual troll routine.

:nod: Just getting a longer arm on a speedy edge rusher can throw off his trajectory and give the QB 1 more second to move or throw. l Unfortunately, length does add one more constraint onto the selection process - there are just fewer of them out there who also have the other qualities we need.
And as a byproduct force him to naturally go wider and less up the field off the snap which will result in fewer batted passes at the LOS on RPO's and quick hits to the flats/screens.

I'm obviously a fan of the added height but they need the flexibility and leverage/strength to make the impact needed to get Nebraska back to the top.

Nope. It would never work. He would brake the parallel bars.
What would the off season be without you Paramus?

I can’t stop laughing about your post on this thread!

I have had this discussion many times about race car drivers. Are they on par with Offensive lineman? They just sit and turn left, but some would argue they are athletes.

Through ice skating?

You went to UCF football camp? Never heard that before.

Through ice skating?

Me thinks you don’t know the difference between speed and athleticism....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back