• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Offensive Line

Typically our offensive design makes passing lanes easier (alot of perimeter passes with a quarterback capable of escaping/scrambling to open up vision and passing lanes) but that is typically the big concern. The length will help in pass protection and the height makes it easier to hide backs out of the backfield and smaller ball carriers etc...

Some pro's some con's but ultimately it depends on strength and conditioning to get their strength and flexibility/mobility right and if so a 6'7 tackle is scarier/typically more effective than his 6'3 counterpart

Very possible that all the listed heights for those guys are a bit higher than reality.

Yes, I remember a certain OL guy (several) that were listed at 6'3 and when I saw them in person they were shorter, much shorter. But how do you tell DR that he's not 6'3?

Some pro's some con's but ultimately it depends on strength and conditioning to get their strength and flexibility/mobility right and if so a 6'7 tackle is scarier/typically more effective than his 6'3 counterpart

:nod: Just getting a longer arm on a speedy edge rusher can throw off his trajectory and give the QB 1 more second to move or throw. l Unfortunately, length does add one more constraint onto the selection process - there are just fewer of them out there who also have the other qualities we need.

It's a good thing their primary job isn't to chase then am I right? Their job is to move, open up space and impose their will. Their elite athleticism is what allows them to do that in space, and more often then not just their presence on the outside is enough to send smaller guys running for the hills. Normally I just assume people know that and wouldn't have bothered to post it but after your post I feel like it needed to be said...

Elite Athleticism? You can't be serious.

Bottom Line: If you are running with the football to the end zone for a for a touchdown... and there is only one opposing player between you and the goal line....the 1st player you would want it to be is an offensive lineman...every day and twice on Sunday.

At the 2017 UCF camp I watched UCFs 20 offensive linemen going through drills. It was almost pitiful.

They would take 4 steps sideways to their left... then stop...and then take 4 steps sideways to their right and stop again. They would repeat this about 10 times and then rest.

It was like watching a toddler leanring how to walk. IMHO, it was the complete antithesis of athleticism.

If it wasn't for football, how would the 6"5" 320 offensive line type guy demonstrate his elite athleticism?

Through ice skating?

Last edited:
Elite Athleticism? You can't be serious.

Bottom Line: If you are running with the football to the end zone for a for a touchdown... and there is only one opposing player between you and the goal line....the 1st player you would want it to be is an offensive lineman...every day and twice on Sunday.

At the 2017 UCF camp I watched UCFs 20 offensive linemen going through drills. It was pitiful.

They would take 4 steps sideways to their left... then stop...and then take 4 steps sideways to their right and stop again. They would repeat this about 10 times and then rest.

It was like watching a toddler leaning how to walk. IMHO, it was the complete antithesis of athleticism.

If it wasn't for football, how would the 6"5" 320 offensive line type guy demonstrate his elite athleticism?

Through ice skating?

Sumo wrestling, if he puts on a few pounds. Track and field (shot and discus) if he has elite quickness and explosiveness for his size. Otherwise he’s left with “World’s Strongest Man” competitions.

Sumo wrestling, if he puts on a few pounds. Track and field (shot and discus) if he has elite quickness and explosiveness for his size. Otherwise he’s left with “World’s Strongest Man” competitions.
Swimming:
tenor.gif

Yes, whenever you read an article about the greatest athletes of all time, sumo wrestlers, shot putters, and offensive linemen are always at or near the top of the list.

:confused:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back