• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Charles Njoku commits to UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Red Reign stated earlier in this thread. NE is not on the majority of college football fan's lips. Nothing wrong with that, the Red team hasn't done much lately. Now, for the future, I am earnestly hoping that all of this changes because the Huskers are kicking commie tail.

He did, as I stated in an thread. I believe me posting a hidden CB is not against Husker Max BBS rules as if you dig enough, even without insider info, you can determine CB picks.
Up until today, Parker did not have a CB to Nebraska. Now, he does, and Wiltfong is listed as putting his CB pick in today. That all can be seen without going into the paid content a the link below shows:
https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitu...th-Oak-Cliff-193128/CurrentExpertPredictions/
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Up until today, Parker did not have a CB to Nebraska. Now, he does, and Wiltfong is listed as putting his CB pick in today. That all can be seen without going into the paid content a the link below shows:
https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitu...th-Oak-Cliff-193128/CurrentExpertPredictions/
:thumbsup:
Thank you! Just what I referred to in my post......I just became a member of 247 when they had their 50% off an annual membership drive a few months ago....but before then, I could always find out where the CB's went by just clicking on the type of link you provided.

Is Wiltfong the guy who has a habit of continually changing his CBs up to right before the actual announcement?

Is Wiltfong the guy who has a habit of continually changing his CBs up to right before the actual announcement?
I don't think so. He typically waits until is a bear certainty though. It's a good sign for us.

Nope

You can usually take his CB picks to the bank. National guy for 247 Sports who knows his stuff and does his homework. Most others follow him and make or flip their picks based on what he predicts

I don't think so. He typically waits until is a bear certainty though. It's a good sign for us.
Exactly. As I stated in an earlier post, he is the 1st person to put in a CB for him......this is a very good sign as opposed to either putting one in a lot earlier (say last Summer) or putting one in after a lot of other people already did (which is still good but diminishes his pick if they are the 19th to put one in, only after every one else figured it out before he did). With the 2nd NSD being only a few weeks or so away, and he being the 1st (and only one so far) to put one in, today, this is a good thing, though it by no way means he is N. But optimism is good right now.

As Red Reign stated earlier in this thread. NE is not on the majority of college football fan's lips. Nothing wrong with that, the Red team hasn't done much lately. Now, for the future, I am earnestly hoping that all of this changes because the Huskers are kicking commie tail.

Not sure I necessarily agree with this take. A couple years ago, you'd be right. Ever since we brought in Frost, even despite the 4-8 season, we've had a lot more national publicity and hype than in years past. Not like what they talk about on ESPN GameDay matters, but the sheer amount of times we were mentioned by the national guys last season due to Frost was a huge jump from the year before, when we were completely irrelevant on a national stage from the beginning to the end.

Many expect us to rise again very soon - as soon as this year. Surprisingly, we have top 15 odds to win the 2019-20 national title despite back-to-back 4-8 seasons.

Tex, good call, we are definitely getting some national pub. I wasn't clear in my statement, I was thinking more of the fans, the average guy I run into at an airport while wearing Husker gear. In any case it is all good, and I to believe the Red team is on the rise.

Not sure I necessarily agree with this take. A couple years ago, you'd be right. Ever since we brought in Frost, even despite the 4-8 season, we've had a lot more national publicity and hype than in years past. Not like what they talk about on ESPN GameDay matters, but the sheer amount of times we were mentioned by the national guys last season due to Frost was a huge jump from the year before, when we were completely irrelevant on a national stage from the beginning to the end.

Many expect us to rise again very soon - as soon as this year. Surprisingly, we have top 15 odds to win the 2019-20 national title despite back-to-back 4-8 seasons.

We did get a lot of publicity this year because of Frost's return. Hope and nostalgia make for a good story that creates a level of intrigue that is easy to sell. Going forward it will all be about results. We are on the right path finally, IMO.

IMO we will get more attention from sports media in 2019 then we have gotten in many years! Prior to SF arrival most of the attention was not the type the program wanted nor needed imo..........

My bold prediction for the 2019 season is that we’ll finally get to host GameDay again. I could see ESPN coming here for the Ohio State game on 9/28 if we’re both undefeated in week 5, especially if 2AM is living up to the hype. The only real competition that day is USC-Washington, Washington State-Utah and Ole Miss-Bama.

Not sure if I remember this correctly, but I thought someone on GameDay last year while discussing Frost hinted that it’s been a while since they’ve been to Lincoln. It would obviously be big for recruiting.

Last edited:
My bold prediction for the 2019 season is that we’ll finally get to host GameDay again. I could see ESPN coming here for the Ohio State game on 9/28 if we’re both undefeated in week 5, especially if 2AM is living up to the hype. The only real competition that day is USC-Washington, Washington State-Utah and Ole Miss-Bama.

Not sure if I remember this correctly, but I thought someone on GameDay last year while discussing Frost hinted that it’s been a while since they’ve been to Lincoln. It would obviously be big for recruiting.
That would be totally cool.... especially if we sent Bucky home with a loss! :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back