• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

Here's the thing about the players.

Guys like Spencer Long, Compton, Paul, etc., have had good NFL careers. Long's a Pro Bowler, Compton started 15 games last year and Niles Paul is a starter in some packages, and that's just on one team. Right now Nick Gates is rated in the top 15 of all OT prospects for 2019 and projected to go in rounds 4-6. Physically, he's NOT a bad player. Nebraska has had a string of coaches who have absolutely failed to get the best out of their players.

Last edited:

....well whatever decision Moos makes we are teetering on the verge of pretty much sucking for years if he makes a bad decision. Oh, and I believe it can get worse. We'd be stupid to not see teams like Purdue and Indiana are making and in some respects Minnesota and Illinois's of the word are also improving.

Either MR or another coach...........His, (Moos's) reputation and probably legacy is as much on the line as NU's as this point.

I'm worried NU hasn't hit rock bottom yet, but lets face it. We don't need to if we get some real leadership.

For the record......I'm not sure SF is the answer. I really don't. I just know MR isn't at this point and is exactly why Moos is the AD. He has to know that answer and I hope and pray he does and earns his $ and reputation as a great leader. We need one now more than ever.

Last edited:
This is why I was arguing with the Lee is damn good statement last week.
Thought Lee made vast improvements in all areas and he would continue to improve (that's what great football players do). Thought it was rookie/rusty mistakes at the beginning of the year.

It appears he is just as inconsistent as the rest of the team.....Day by Day we just don't get better.

Oh I'm not blaming this loss on Riley any more than any other loss. I'm also not mad at him. I't's too bad it worked out this way, because I really, really like him and have been a big fan.

I'm just saying that we needed to win more in here for the overall team to look like it's making the kind of progress we've been needing to see. For me at least.
Perfect post there are so many fans who feel the same way. There simply Is no improvement . I really feared the Huskers could get blown out. Their QB threw one great pass all day but the ran on Nebraska at will especially in the overtime. Very frustrating especially when you see the Iowa improvement and guts hard nose game today.

They lost that game because they can’t run the football plane and simple. Northwestern runs the ball in overtime and Nebraska doesn’t even think about it because they can’t.

Your putting the game on Tanner Lee and he doesn’t deliver. It is not all his fault. If I watch Nick Gates standing there not doing anything on a play again I might puke.
I agree , it's not Lee's fault that we lost the game.

The fault lies with the coaches for creating a team and a game plan that depended on Lee to win the game for us

I think this loss seals his fate. I don't think it's necessarily fair, but this is a big-boy business, and Riley will be fine. I also know he will handle it with 100% class.

Why isn't it fair? He made the calls to hire Langsdorf, Cavenaugh and Banker. He made the final call to start Lee, and he's made the call every week to keep Lee in the game. Furthermore, he's got the authority to overrule Langsdorf on any call. He did that last year and took back playcalling duties. He's not even done that much this year.

I think Riley's understood since NIU that it's over and is simply playing out the string.

As much as I have turned to the "Riley has got to go" side...I just can't bring myself to blame him, really, for today.

Tanner Lee is pure garbage. Maybe Riley deserves the blame since he continues to run that dude out there...but this loss is on Tanner Lee and his COMPLETE inability to read the defense or see the field.

Still falls back on HCMR and OCDL, in my mind. They consistently choose to play Lee.

Looks like you’re only two drinks away from a blackout and forgetting. Or you just really suck at spelling and grammar.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back