• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

Wearing a coat sucks, but one must weigh that against the chances of getting eaten by a large carnivorous reptile while swimming in your pool.

Is that before OR after the bite from the water moccasin......also hiding in that same pool?

If it is SF here and he is successful enough, he could be here for 25 years (or more).
That's I think the most unique and powerful upside to SF. The only question then is, will the fanbase commit to the long-term build if Frost doesn't even play for an NC for his first decade. Because that's a very possible outcome even if he's the right guy.

Last edited:
you can take the boy out of Nebraska, but you cant take Nebraska out of the boy.

Good to see the villain Hurricanes back on the grid.

Now its time for Nebraska to get their head out of their behinds and start playing championship caliber football again.

I think that's probably true for most former players, if they win they'll stick around, although it probably matters more for a great player than just an average one.
For Richt, honestly I didn't even know/remember that he played for Miami. He backed up some good QBs but I don't think he was ever associated with Miami in anyone's mind. Frost is totally different, he was an elite player at NU.

That's I think the most unique and powerful upside to SF. The only question then is, will the fanbase commit to the long-term build if Frost doesn't even play for an NC for his first decade. Because that's a very possible outcome even if he's the right guy.
We should all be very happy if we our bigggest issue is being the 5th in the country, but barely missing out on the playoffs.
I just need to bookmark this for my future self.

For Richt, honestly I didn't even know/remember that he played for Miami. He backed up some good QBs but I don't think he was ever associated with Miami in anyone's mind. Frost is totally different, he was an elite player at NU.
I just knew him as the Georgia coach.

Perfect example of hiring a successful ex player to run a program. Miami was atrocious before Mark Richt was hired and really Nebraska and Miami had a lot of similarities between the two. However, Miami went after there golden boy in Mark Richt after his time at Georgia was done. Look at them now. They are serious contenders for the playoff discussion and are making waves in college football. They have swagger (turnover chain). They are starting to resemble the Miami of the 1980s and early 1990s. What are your thoughts on this? I just find this situation eerily similar to DONU.

Couple weeks back someone on this forum was arguing how Brian Kelly had reacquainted Notre Dame with its tradition and winning character.

I always respected Richt, though I didn't know him very well. He's a classy guy and had sustained success at Georgia, yet he never was able to break through to the next higher level. A program stagnated but at a higher level. Honestly, I didn't think that he was going to do any better at Miami. Georgia has every advantage that Miami does. Yet, it seems that all parties involved got a boost from a change in scenery. Sometimes things just click.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back