• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

The pressure will be high, no doubt. Some however, thrive under it. Others collapse. Any big school there will be pressure to win.
WTH do people think? SF comes in and is paid lets assume about 5 million a year. That amount of $$$ is going to create pressure as it darn well should. NO ONE is saying (we both agree) that SF is driven out after 2 or 3 years regardless of how tough it gets.

However someone as driven to suceed as SF will create his own pressure from having high standards IMO. So will he be the savior of Nebraska football? No one knows and every hire is some what of a crap shoot IMO.

I personally hope he takes the job if offered. Probably our best chance to get the program playing winning football again. BTW not that it matters but I believe SF would be the FIRST coach since TO that's tall... :Biggrin:

He's a Nebraskan by birth. We all know what that means. It's a special feeling that doesn't go away. There is a sense of responsibility that goes along with it that is very strong.

Ummm. Unsure what the means exactly.

2 of my kids were born in Iowa, one in Nebraska ....... and I can't tell...........no wait a minute............. That's IT!!!!!.....THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING !!!!! :Rolleyes:

Last edited:
fair, just frustrating to me. I'm noticing that i have a higher threshold for honesty than reasonable.

Or a low threshold for patience. You will hear what you want to hear in short order. Moos has only been on the job for 3 weeks. Based on all the rumors about the AD's office meddling in the football program there is a lot more to unravel than just Riley. I can imagine a few questions I would ask Moos about some of those things if I was a coach approached for the job; and based on what I've seen from Moos so far, he will want to give the correct answers to those questions.

That would be a big waste of tax dollars and would warrant an investigation if that was true. They should be flying coach in a situation like that.

Often times the conference pays the transportation costs. If they were willing to pay cost of flying the professor then he/she can negotiate what type of transportation will be taken.

Someone of "substance" told AD Moos that his evaluation of Coach Riley was over as of Now or Moos was not the man they thought they hired! LOL.
Clearly the main issue for Husker Nation is establishing Hope for the future.
That hope means AD Moos telling Husker Nation that the next two games are Coach Riley's last, and tell us right now, not eleven days from now.
That eleven wait is too much strain for a program that is at its breaking point after these last boat racings, especially by a awful Minnesota team

Attachments

• xanax.jpg
    xanax.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 24

That drug is:
Too short acting
Highly addicting

Much better for anxiety: Ativan 0.5 mg one every eight hours #30
No refills
:). John

Someone of "substance" told AD Moos that his evaluation of Coach Riley was over as of Now or Moos was not the man they thought they hired! LOL.
Clearly the main issue for Husker Nation is establishing Hope for the future.
That hope means AD Moos telling Husker Nation that the next two games are Coach Riley's last, and tell us right now, not eleven days from now.
That eleven wait is too much strain for a program that is at its breaking point after these last boat racings, especially by a awful Minnesota team

So what is gained in the program by him telling everyone what they assume they already know? Not his job to appease a fan base that can't handle 11 days.

as many (likely more) "former players" have flopped miserably as have succeeded wildly. it doesn't hurt...but the benefit is greatly overstated.
The one thing you can say is an advantage with a former player like Frost, is he won't be using NU as a stepping stone if he's successful. He knows that NCs are the ceiling here, he's not going to jump ship to some other school because he thinks it has a higher ceiling. By contrast in 2013/2014 my guess is Pelini probably would have jumped, given the opportunity, at least if the leadership didn't change (and maybe regardless).

I think that's probably true for most former players, if they win they'll stick around, although it probably matters more for a great player than just an average one.

Last edited:
Often times the conference pays the transportation costs. If they were willing to pay cost of flying the professor then he/she can negotiate what type of transportation will be taken.
but it is not happening for this* conference, and definitely not at this time of night. just the idea that this plane could be being used for that conference is less credible than bigfoot stories

I don’t remember anybody tracking Bo’s or Tom’s flights. A private plane registered in Nebraska is easily traceable. It doesn’t take an elaborate ruse to avoid this. Just fly commercial or meet somewhere other than Orlando.

I remember one of the flights tracked was on Norfolk Iron and Metals private jet back in the bo/TO period. The owner's mother used to be a regent and he is a big donor.

The one thing you can say is an advantage with a former player like Frost, is he won't be using NU as a stepping stone if he's successful. He knows that NCs are the ceiling here, he's not going to jump ship to some other school because he thinks it has a higher ceiling. By contrast in 2013/2014 my guess is Pelini probably would have jumped, given the opportunity, at least if the leadership didn't change (and maybe regardless).

I think that's probably true for most former players, if they win they'll stick around, although it probably matters more for a great player than just an average one.

If it is SF here and he is successful enough, he could be here for 25 years (or more).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back