• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska will have the second toughest schedule in the country in 2018

I would disagree. Mike Riley played a huge part in making teams on our schedule appear to be better than they were, thus making our schedule appear to be more difficult than it really is.

Our national perception this coming season has a great deal to do with Mike Riley, and that is a topic that really shouldn't offend anyone or cause them to suggest that the discussion needs to occur elsewhere.

SOS isn't based on national perception or how a team looked against us last year. For the teams we played, our game was one win. The schedule is stronger yet because of crossover games added, and, again, that has zero to do with MR or last year's NU team. Had we won 9 games last year and Bob Devany came from the grave to coach this year, we would still have the second toughest schedule to start the season.

Until someone beats em they will be in the talk
I get what you are saying, and it's not like Clemson and Alabama are totally undeserving. Clemson has survived bad losses the last two years (Pitt and Syracuse), while Alabama lost its final regular season game. They always get the benefit of the doubt.

SOS isn't based on national perception or how a team looked against us last year.

You do understand that this isn't SOS, don't you? It's some guy named Matt Smith's :Confused: opinion.

Had we won 9 games last year and Bob Devany came from the grave to coach this year, we would still have the second toughest schedule to start the season.
Who is Bob Devany?
I would imagine the perception of the schedule has more to do with how well the BIG is doing rather than what MR left behind

Your perception appears to be based on something that never happened.

Last edited:
100 percent correct. The rest of the teams have to play themselves in it.
I hope we make it to a bowl game this year.With our schedule and all new coaches etc.,that will be an accomplishment on it’s own.I believe we will be in the mix for B1G titles in year two.Gotta keep the faith.If the kids click early,we could be fighting for the west this season.GBR.

That's all fine. Are there specific teams on the schedule that you feel are overrated? This thread doesn't mean we won't win more games and doesn't strike me as negative, but we certainly got the tougher crossover games in what's becoming a stronger conference. Unless a couple of teams crash and burn, this will be one of the toughest schedules in the country, and there's no harm in having that out there.

I hope reporters ask SF about it multiple times, so he can say, "we play in the toughest conference in the nation and we can't control who we line up against. What we can control is our culture and how hard we play. Screw the SEC." (I won't be mad if he doesn't say the last part out loud as long as he thinks it.)
I agree. This thread isn't trying to predict our wins or put negative light on what this team can do. Its meant to recognize how tough our schedule is in a positive light. I think its a proud thing to say us and the B1G are playing the tough schedules while the SEC sucks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back