• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska will have the second toughest schedule in the country in 2018

This has literally zero to do with the strength of our schedule. The threads bitching about a guy we canned in November are that way -------->
I would disagree. Mike Riley played a huge part in making teams on our schedule appear to be better than they were, thus making our schedule appear to be more difficult than it really is.

Our national perception this coming season has a great deal to do with Mike Riley, and that is a topic that really shouldn't offend anyone or cause them to suggest that the discussion needs to occur elsewhere.

I would disagree. Mike Riley played a huge part in making teams on our schedule appear to be better than they were, thus making our schedule appear to be more difficult than it really is.

Our national perception this coming season has a great deal to do with Mike Riley, and that is a topic that really shouldn't offend anyone or cause them to suggest that the discussion needs to occur elsewhere.
Well that and the BIG went 8-0 in the bowl games giving the perception that no matter who you play is going to be a not so easy win.

Thanks B1G schedule makers. Is it too late to add a road game against Penn State to our 2018 schedule? We play every other top conference team on the road.
I am not as critical of FADSE as some on this board are ... but his FAILURE to represent Nebraska with the B1G on scheduling is grounds for his firing. I suspect the B1G has some algorithmic formula done by some six-figure outside consulting firm but a comparison of our schedule to Wisconsin's since we've joined the B1G borders on criminal. Nebraska has played perennial doormat Indiana once since we've joined the conference. Wisconsin has played them 5 times.

Our AD - former and present - are supposed to represent and protect NU for conference administrators. This unbalanced unfair scheduling has to be part of the job!

The list is a bit incestuous ... Michigan's schedule is tough because they play NU, OSU, MSU and PSU. NU's is tough because they play UM, UW, OSU, MSU.

Who says OSU, UW, UM, NU and MSU are going to be good?

Making assumptions for next year off of last year's performance

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back