• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Colorado Game Thread (9/8/18)

Had to watch on DVR last night after youth soccer spectating...

Biggest positives:
- Pass Protection
- Pass Rush
Games are won in the trenches, these areas were horrible last year and very good yesterday.

Biggest concerns:
- Penalties (first game issue hopefully?)
- Turnovers (first game issue?)
- LB speed, Colorado identified that swing passes with LBs in coverage would work
- Freshman QB decisions...
- Running shotgun on 4th and short...my biggest pet peeve in football.

Last edited:
I think Nebraskas biggest problems, penalties and turnovers, are fixable. If martinez is healthy, I'm inspired and it will be a fun season. If martinez is out for a while or the entire season, that really sets Nebraska back. Like a lot. It's important for martinez to get a lot of experience for a run next year.

I think Nebraskas biggest problems, penalties and turnovers, are fixable. If martinez is healthy, I'm inspired and it will be a fun season. If martinez is out for a while or the entire season, that really sets Nebraska back. Like a lot. It's important for martinez to get a lot of experience for a run next year.

If Martinez is out for a while, just make sure he doesn't play in more than four games...

Have not been posting much. So, I will get the negative out first.

Take care of the effin ball.
Bonehead play by Reed. Have no earthly idea what he is thinking. 100 out of 100 times that is a penalty.
If Spielman catches the pass, game over. Stan just drops a lot of passes. Pretty throw by AM.
We could not stop them on 3rd and long time and again.
Gebbia shafted us. End of story. I have been holding my tongue for too long.
The first and 10 flare was a waste of another shot into the end zone.

Now the good.
Defense looks a bazillion times better.
The offense looks a bazillion times better.
Seven sacks doh.
Solid sCUm team, we should have beaten them.
In the grand scheme, things look very, very bright. They just may be dark awhile if AM is out. Let's hope it is a mild sprain. I seem to recall Armstrong's lingered bad for awhile but cannot recall if that was MCL or ACL.

Yes, it was a tough way to lose. Y'all are forgetting, AM is a freshman. Outside of the 2 turnovers he looked goooooood.

GBR
As i said last night: Thanks, Gebbia!! :(

Its all about turnovers. Here is a study of college football from 2009-2012 showing the ratio of turnovers to winning. Yes we could have caught the third down pass, TD pass or managed the clock better but the stats say that with minus TWO on turnovers we were staring a less than 10% chance of winning in the face.

That's how good this team is, we were that close to winning despite THREE turnovers. So, let's get to next Saturday and watch for that max improvement of 1st to 2nd game (%$#*&%# lightening) that we will see with Troy instead of CU.

ScreenShot240.png

You ought to listen to some of you cry babies. You have a love affair with Scott Frost now in the first game you don’t like the way he managed the clock so you want to dis him. Yes we lost we made mistakes and shot ourselves in the foot but there was a lot to be positive about. Some are ready to throw in the towel on the season because Martinez is hurt even though we have got the final word on the extent of his injury. I am willing to look at the positives and hope we build on those.

Its all about turnovers. Here is a study of college football from 2009-2012 showing the ratio of turnovers to winning. Yes we could have caught the third down pass, TD pass or managed the clock better but the stats say that with minus TWO on turnovers we were staring a less than 10% chance of winning in the face.

That's how good this team is, we were that close to winning despite THREE turnovers. So, let's get to next Saturday and watch for that max improvement of 1st to 2nd game (%$#*&%# lightening) that we will see with Troy instead of CU.

ScreenShot240.png

That's explains a lot. We've been on the wrong side of turnover margin for most of the last 20 years. I hope that changes soon.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back