• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Colorado Game Thread (9/8/18)

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Well here is our second try this season for an an opening game to 2018 after a most unusual cancellation of the original opener with Akron last Saturday evening. Old rival Colorado comes calling with an
offense that will look very much like the one Coach Frost has installed at Nebraska this season. The Buffs come in led by arguably the best QB in the PAC 12 in Steven Montez (22 for 25 for 338 yards vs CSU) and a receiver core led by Laviska Shenault (11 receptions for 211 yards vs CSU) and K.D. Nixon (6 receptions for 112 yards) and RB Traveon McMillian (10 carries for 103 yards). Thus a real test awaits the Huskers who I think in order to win will have to have a good pass rush all day long and a secondary that is going to have to rise to the occasion in order for the Huskers to pull out a victory. Oh and it goes without saying that the Huskers up-tempo offense is going to have to rise to the occasion on its debut.

I am not really sure what to make of this game having not seen the Huskers yet. Part of me could see a shootout and the other side of me could see a bit of a slugfest which I think would favor the Huskers. So I am reaching in the dark but predicted a Nebraska win 30-27 with the home field advantage in the end helping the Huskers pull it out.

The game will be a national telecast on ABC starting at 2:30PM CDT. A short pregame show will proceed the game. BTN will have a post game show for all the action in the league starting at 6:30PM CDT

Pre/game/post will be streamed here starting at 9:25AM CDT: http://www.huskers.com/liveEvents/l...2.1825705212.1520119727-1614288233.1520119724

DmilS2-UYAAPZaM.jpg

Last edited:

Well, guys, I have to go to one of our golf courses, early in the a.m., to photograph the doings of our Annual Senior Center golf tournament. I will be back in time for the game, for sure.

I just wanted, also, to say, we lost my Linda's mom early Wednesday morning. She went peacefully in her sleep. Among other things, she died from heart failure. Doris is in a good place, now. God bless her.

Well, for those who gave prayers, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. :)

Well, guys, I have to go to one of our golf courses, early in the a.m., to photograph the doings of our Annual Senior Center golf tournament. I will be back in time for the game, for sure.

I just wanted, also, to say, we lost my Linda's mom early Wednesday morning. She went peacefully in her sleep. Among other things, she died from heart failure. Doris is in a good place, now. God bless her.

Sorry to hear that Bob. God Bless her soul and comfort you and Linda.

Prayers and comfort to you, Linda, and family Bob. Blessings to all!

Last edited:

I'm sorry for your loss C-Bob. God's blessings for all.

To me, it's so appropriate that the new Scott Frost era begins against Colorado, since I've always felt Nebraska's "descent into mediocrity" era began with the 2001 Colorado game.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this new era in Husker football!!!

GBR!!

Edit: Dang it TriHusker87, you beat me to it! :Biggrin:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back