• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Baylor - NCAA 2nd Round, San Antonio, AT&T Center, (Friday 11:30am CDT)

I was unable to watch/follow due to a work conflict. Sounds like this was the kind of game that would have gotten me pretty worked up... so perhaps it's a good thing I missed it.

Big picture - great season and in great position to build it up further from here. The program is definitely in good hands with Coach Miles.

Well, I just got on, and I am totally disappointed in the team! They came out, could not hit, could not stop fouling, could not make their free throws....what little they had.

Composure was lacking, for sure.

Well, we all have seen enough and heard enough about the game. If it were evening, I might be getting drunk!! :nothingtoadd:

Well, one more thing: how in the world did they not see that goal tending? Are you kidding? A blind man could
see it!! :whiteflag:

I wonder if that affected our kids? Well, again, enough said! :dighole:

Same song, seventh verse. Good regular season....play a substandard game in the tourney....lose composure....one and done.

Despite Tim's protestations to the contrary, I am afraid the historical stench that is Nebraska basketball is still wafting through the air.

Same song, seventh verse. Good regular season....play a substandard game in the tourney....lose composure....one and done.

Despite Tim's protestations to the contrary, I am afraid the historical stench that is Nebraska basketball is still wafting through the air.

And like Miles has said many times, this season has nothing to do with past Husker teams.

For a year with just an "above .500 would be nice" mentality, I think this year including the tourney was a pleasant surprise. Next year the expectations will be significantly higher, and Id say a similar type season, and a one and done in the tourney will be a dissapointment. This year however, ending the streak since 1998 was a complete surprise with how the season started.

Another year of experience, another solid recruiting class, both leave me liking what I have seen this year and going into next. Hard not to be disappointed in this game, but I thought our chances of winning were slim. You can't come out cold as heck shooting and expect to win. Next year will be exciting!

Did we stink it up for the first 10 minutes? Yes. Did the officiating stink it upfor a full 40? yes. Unacceptable. I go from watching Rivers get called for a bump, and 20 hand check fouls to Duke, who could hand check at any time they wanted. Almost to the point of grabbing. Not saying it lost us the game, but 48 free throws to 14 is really copulated up
Agree... I had a feeling when I saw we were playing in Texas against Baylor that the deck would be stacked against us. We had tough draw and played very poorly...but the officiating was grossly unfair.

Another year of experience, another solid recruiting class, both leave me liking what I have seen this year and going into next. Hard not to be disappointed in this game, but I thought our chances of winning were slim. You can't come out cold as heck shooting and expect to win. Next year will be exciting!
Agree overall as we had a very tough draw...Baylor in Texas...against the best 6 seed in the tournament...and then the officiating put it completely over the edge. Unfortunately, its the growing pains of a program.

Just a small video clip I captured ... this was during the late flurry by the Huskers with around 4-5 minutes remaining. (Might be a bit better if you switch the settings to HD.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oNeYNirpG9g?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just a small video clip I captured ... this was during the late flurry by the Huskers with around 4-5 minutes remaining. (Might be a bit better if you switch the settings to HD.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oNeYNirpG9g?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Good seats!

Agree but he already had one T. As the head coach he has to understand that and react accordingly.

No, the officials need to recognize the reason and situation and not overreact to an error on the scorer's table. That's the time when a good official uses the lump between his shoulders and doesn't call a technical.

No, the officials need to recognize the reason and situation and not overreact to an error on the scorer's table. That's the time when a good official uses the lump between his shoulders and doesn't call a technical.
Agree 100%. Good officials don't toss coaches during tournament games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back