• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NCAA Tournament

I was actually hoping NU might fall to a 3 seed and get a better draw. I don't know anything about Yale, but I have to believe NU should be favored in that match up. So, the good news is they should have a good path to the regional championship. However, it will take a miracle to get past OSU.

Last edited:
Yale 32-16
RPI 48
SoS 159
9-1 in last 10

0-2 v top 100 RPI

Last edited:

So basically, I take this as Nebraska getting the lowest 2-seed.

Tough to project games played against an Ivy League school. They certainly cannot have the athletes Nebraska does -- but they are likely well-coached to be in this position.

Yale's lone two games against top 100 RPI this season were against Clemson. They lost both, but weren't destroyed. 6-10 and 8-10 finals.

Yale did win 9 of their last 10 -- but everyone of those was against a team with an RPI right around 200.

Who knows if Yale will be a quality opponent -- as they simply haven't played enough quality competition to do a reasonable comparison. I'd have to think Nebraska is fully capable and better-prepared for big games -- if NU is mentally tough enough.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back