• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2018 Commits

The main thing will be Eichorst paying guys like Donte and Keith Williams top dollar to stick around and not leave for eventual job offers from the USC's, LSU's and Alabama's of the world. I don't know a lot of things, but one thing I do know is that as long as those two are at Nebraska, the Huskers will sign position classes that resemble the ones being put together in the 2018 class. By no means will signing guys like this be a anomaly.

I don't think Keith Williams will be going anywhere after his transgression and his son being welcomed to the team.

If it's not Riley, I would expect a good bit of attrition. If Riley goes so goes his Philosophy and many of the recruits that are here/coming to fit it. Perhaps the right guy replacing him would easy the transition. Again, IF it's not Riley, it's because the wheels fell off. I suspected more attrition than normal anyway, which is not completely a bad thing and would still leave whomever in a better spot than riley was coming in, provided recruiting continues on the upward trend. See Callahan... without winning consistently he couldn't recruit consistently
Also to add to my last post above. Whoever is our coach in about 3 years. (I think it will still be MR) They will have a ton of talent to play for them.

Last edited:
I really think they are working behind the scenes to try and find a way to scrape together more scholarships to offer. Whether that's through (encouraged) attrition or not renewing a few 4th and 5th year guys who have been non-contributors following the season. I just cant see them not taking advantage of this recruiting steam by only taking 15, 16 guys.
I agree, but this will be tough...a quick look at the roster doesn't reveal too many obvious non-contributors, which had been a problem. Dwayne Johnson was clearly one, but there only one or two others that I think would qualify and even those seem to be "protected." Also, this will need to be done gracefully as many NU fans are reluctant to see us make the hard choices.

I agree 100%. If Eichorst is committed to paying these assistants top dollar, we should be in amazing shape in the next few years.

Last edited:

1. CB Brendan Radley-Hiles (Florida) recruited by Donte Williams
2. WR Manuel Allen (California) recruited by Keith Williams
3. Ath. Cameron Jurgens (Nebraska)
4. Ath. Eric Fuller (California) recruited by Keith Williams and Donte Williams
5. Ath. Chase Williams (California) recruited by Donte Williams and Keith Williams
6. DE Tate Wildeman (Colorado) recruited by Bob Diaco and John Parrella
7. OL Will Farniok (South Dakota) recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
8. DT Masry Mapieu (Nebraska) recruited by John Parrella

* K Barret Pickering (Alabama)

I agree, but this will be tough...a quick look at the roster doesn't reveal too many obvious non-contributors, which had been a problem. Dwayne Johnson was clearly one, but there only one or two others that I think would qualify and even those seem to be "protected." Also, this will need to be done gracefully as many NU fans are reluctant to see us make the hard choices.
As opposed to those who prefer SEC tactics and a 28-man class every year.

1. CB Brendan Radley-Hiles (Florida) recruited by Donte Williams
2. WR Manuel Allen (California) recruited by Keith Williams
3. Ath. Cameron Jurgens (Nebraska)
4. Ath. Eric Fuller (California) recruited by Keith Williams and Donte Williams
5. Ath. Chase Williams (California) recruited by Donte Williams and Keith Williams
6. DE Tate Wildeman (Colorado) recruited by Bob Diaco and John Parrella
7. OL Will Farniok (South Dakota) recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
8. DT Masry Mapieu (Nebraska) recruited by John Parrella

* K Barret Pickering (Alabama)
You copped out. Won't rank a kicker, I see.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back